corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sound dodgy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sound dodgy
Griffiths1991

User status: Offline
10th Apr 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking around sites for a white saxo vtr and came across this, the car is being sold as a non-runner i dont really no why as it just has a flat battery and the alternator doesnt work your thoughts on this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-CITROEN-SAXO-VTR-WHITE-NON-RUNNER_W0QQitemZ250610120533QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3a5986f755

[Edited on 10-04-2010 by Griffiths1991]
Ben G

10th Apr 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah definitely dodgy. so dodgy i can't see it.
Griffiths1991

10th Apr 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
yeah definitely dodgy. so dodgy i can't see it.

sorry
jibjob

10th Apr 10 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someones tried to break into it judging by the lock. Theres no gear knob, head unit. the seat doesnt move, needs new battery, new starter, new tyres, mot and tax. Its a bargain at the price it is now but theres a bit of money that needs to be spent on it and theres no mention of mileage which id be a bit worried about.
AlexW

11th Apr 10 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know tbh, If hes really lost his storage, he just wants rid and dont care how much he gets for it.

Lock damage is normal for a young persons car IMO, More likly to get left in dodgy areas etc.
Gearknob was problery some chav thing that the previours owner removed, Same with head unit, Seat will just be rust, My nova seat wont move as its rusted.

If it stays under £500, id say its a good price.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 10 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's about right at £250, it'll need trailering to collect and a bit of work to sort.

I would also guess that if its sold as a non-runner then it's more serious than just battery/electrical so budget for that.

Also consider what an MOT'd and working example goes for and work out whether that car will cost more after all the faffing.
broster
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest if it just needs a battery and alternator why wont the seller fix it for pennies and sell the car for much more!
oceansoul

11th Apr 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
to be honest if it just needs a battery and alternator why wont the seller fix it for pennies and sell the car for much more!

This. Also why hasnt he mentioned the mileage at all or no photos of the dials. Sounds dodgy to me. Esp with a seat what wont move... how someone that cant reach the pedals /wheel gunna drive it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sound dodgy 23 database queries in 0.1341529 seconds