corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c16xe not starting!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c16xe not starting!
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Apr 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jibjob

16th Apr 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told you it would be a bulb People always forget about it being the simplest thing Fingers crossed for you mate it starts with a new sensor
mar_cus

17th Apr 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing still exactly the same problem with a brand new crank sensor and a brand new lambda....i really can't see it being the coilpack but i don't know what else it could be...
jibjob

17th Apr 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the voltages along the line from battery to ignition barrel to spark plugs? It should highlight where the problem is if its electrical
mar_cus

17th Apr 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do that, but i don't think my leads are long enough, where exactly should i put the leads dude? Appreciate ur help!
jibjob

17th Apr 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends what type of meter you have but the best way to do it is to plug it into the connectors along the line e.g. put one on the live for the alternator and one on the earth on the output. Then just do the same all the way along the line.

Id start with the connections on the barrel, then check theres input to the coilpack then check theres output from the HT leads but use a special meter for it or you will fry yours They are only a few quid from halfords or motorfactors. The only other places i could think to check would be immobilisor (sp), immobilisor ring on the barrel, alternator, earth points, pretty much anything electrical in the engine bay. If its electrical you will get a low reading somewhere along the line. Have you tried the paperclip test now the EML works?
mar_cus

18th Apr 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy, im gonna try the paper clip test as my next step. It will atleast give me something to go from hopefully!

The immobilisor seems to be fine because i have a toad one and the dash wudent light up if it didn't work so that definately rules that one out!
jibjob

18th Apr 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paperclip test should give you a good enough idea mate if it works!
mar_cus

22nd Apr 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just done paper clip test and it comes up with:

72. Amplifier (Direct Ignition System (DIS)) control signal (A+B) - Lead interruption, open circuit
jibjob

22nd Apr 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That explains why it sounds weak when you try and start it. Sounds like theres a voltage drop in a wire somewhere so more than likely theres a crossed, broken or stretched wire. It wont tell you which wire though

start off at the ignition amp and follow the wires and check the plug

Check youve secured it to a clean surface so it earths properly aswel

[Edited on 22-04-2010 by jibjob]
mar_cus

22nd Apr 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ignition amplifier is combined with the coilpack on a c16xe isn't it??
jibjob

24th Apr 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly i couldnt tell you Try disconnecting the plug on the bulkhead just to the left of the coolant bottle. It might need a clean.
john_c20xe

25th Apr 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate are you sure you have got the Earth leads and positive leads correct as i remember my old corsa all the wires were black in the engine bay so wouldnt know what was earth and what was positive
mar_cus

25th Apr 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Honestly i couldnt tell you Try disconnecting the plug on the bulkhead just to the left of the coolant bottle. It might need a clean.

I've been told it is! I'm back at uni now, so can't touch it till next weekend now Will have to do some more research and tackle all the ideas in one go and hope for the best!

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
mate are you sure you have got the Earth leads and positive leads correct as i remember my old corsa all the wires were black in the engine bay so wouldnt know what was earth and what was positive

Hmm, i know what your saying but i'm pretty sure all the earths are correct! Only thing i can do is double check again!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll