corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport 1.6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1.6
Tom B

User status: Offline
14th Apr 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up a bargain on ebay the other night, when i picked it up i was actually quite shocked how clean it was and the condition was fantastic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260581512072&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Now my dillemma is i cant seem to find an X16XE, which i was going to just buy and drop straight it with the help of a few friends, im not fantastic with engines but with the right guidance id be ok i can use a ramp at work.

Ive been "told" that the headgasket went and the previous owner to who i bought it from was going to do the valve stem seals also as it was slightly smoking but the job got abandoned and sold as a donor car for a redtop, which also got abandoned.

The engine is half out most of its in bits in the boot and its been stood for a bit the cams have slight rust of them so im guessing a rebuild would cost a fortune and i would be in the best bet buying a complete engine?

I just dont want to spend all the time and money rebuiling it and get it back in to find another problem?

Its going to be a little project and something to play with while the mrs learns to drive then ill put it on the road for her when she passes so i want it to be right. The car itself is fantastic even got air con which put a smile on my face when i picked it up!

What do you lot reccommend? Any advice apprecaited. Or if anyone knows of a good engine for sale at the right price ill snap there hand off for it!
x14xe sport

14th Apr 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20xe
Tom B

14th Apr 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its for the misses pal I want to keep it standard, i prefer the 1.6 you can still go quick, more reliable and go round the twisties better!
Twitch

14th Apr 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20let. fuck the Mrs lol. strip it and track it
Tom B

14th Apr 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dog house for me if i went with that idea, even though it is tempting!
x14xe sport

14th Apr 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why ask then, get a running x16xe, pop up in classifieds pretty often and expect to pay £100-£200
Tom B

14th Apr 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can find me one ill happilly pay that. And reason i asked is because i didnt know weather it would be worth rebuilding the one thats in there
Tom B

14th Apr 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend suggested buying a second hand head and a new gasket set and it should be fine? aslong as what the previous owner says is true and the rings are ok?
Sean-B

14th Apr 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one.
Tom B

14th Apr 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think im sorted, ill see ya saturday if all goes well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport 1.6 23 database queries in 0.0120151 seconds