corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lidl Arc Welders. Are they any good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lidl Arc Welders. Are they any good?
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
15th Apr 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above.

From next Thursday, Lidl have got the Arc welders in their specials, for £29.99. Now obviously its cheap, but i've never had any problems with the Lidl/Aldi power tools, especially since they're just rebadged models from other brands. (I know that the jetwashers are rebranded Karcher, drills etc. are usually Bosch )

Has anyone actually bought one when it was on offer previously? Any good?
Welsh Dan

15th Apr 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D to tha P.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_9903.htm
jibjob

15th Apr 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you have said they as good as any other brand. The only problem i have found with Aldi/Lidl stuff is that to get replacement parts is hard. For example the grinder i bought a long while ago was nearly impossible to get relpacement discs cheap for. Im liking the look of the hose clamp kit though so i'll be off down there when they arrive
Ant B

15th Apr 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one of them lidl arc welders last year when they we on offer and it has been fine since then buut i dont use it much,but i did make my bad boy bonnet with one
scottyp1989

15th Apr 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if its for body work etc id hold out for a while, as once they have the arc welders in they normally have the migs not long after, i bought one of the migs last yer and for the money its excellent
harrisp

15th Apr 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one from about a year ago, looks very similar but just different colours (mines yellow) only used it a couple of times, one time welding a crack in a cat and it was fine, and a couple of odd little bits but nothing really thick or thin.
Cant comment on reliability though and I havent used it in a while as I prefer mig (not gasless though) .

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by harrisp]
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

15th Apr 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got an Aldi arc welder and its still going strong, does what it's meant to although not needed to find any parts for it yet.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lidl Arc Welders. Are they any good? 23 database queries in 0.0120230 seconds