corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Breathing problems! + lotsa blu smoke!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Breathing problems! + lotsa blu smoke!
opelboy87

User status: Offline
15th Apr 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently changed cylinder head on my corsa gsi, But valve stem oil seal failed on the 4th cylinder. Now it smokes all the time i think the engine is breathing through itself, because when i put my hand on the air inlet pipe, the engine did not stall. can anyone solve this problem? I think a breather pipes in the wrong place, but i cant tell. it looks a out right.

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by opelboy87]

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by opelboy87]
scottyp1989

15th Apr 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure the pipe is not split somewhere? but i would sort them stem seals TBH
philip2

15th Apr 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breathin al time sounds more like rings, not a few stem seals
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

16th Apr 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piston rings could be fucked.
opelboy87

17th Apr 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is the stem seal on the fourth cylinder, ive checked compression and its good, so piston rings are fine. i have asked a guy at my local garage an he said that because there is good compression in the rest of the engine its pushing oil through the stem seal, the fourth one is usually first to leak.spark plug on the fourth cylinder is covered in oil. the rest were clean. im looking for a split in any of the pipes but not having much luck, tho today ive found the inside of the inlet inlet manifold and breather pipes covered in a thin layer of engine oil. guess its sucking oil thru sumwhere other than the oil seal too!

20th April ; car doesnt smoke when idling or under heavy load. is this a sign of oil control rings beggerd or valve stem oil seal?

[Edited on 20-04-2010 by opelboy87]
opelboy87

25th Apr 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like it could be 2 problems, stem seal and pistonrings, rings are creating pressure in head, pushing oil thru the seal, oil builds up behind flap in throttle body and every timeyou accelerate it dumps a load oil into the combustion process an causing blu smoke.
daine
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has been nown that the oil can be coming from the brake servo, the master cylinder leaks it into servo and the vac pipe pulls it into the engine, this causes constant blue smoke. If stem seals have gone, this will cause blue smoke under decelaration, the throttle shuts, the pistons are still sucking so its pulled past the stem seals. If its the rings , this is under hard accelaration presure passing the rings and there not scraping oil off the bores.

New Poll