corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » stuck in crete

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stuck in crete
barter

User status: Offline
20th Apr 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well what a time im avin.extended holiday with no extra fee's,bangin!

me and the bird booked a week in village hights in crete,5 star proper top notch hotel etc.on top of the mountain with greece pga golf club on the resort.i dont play golf but has the braging rights.lol.

anyways i need to no if anyone is stuck or no's anyone in the same situation.i could cancell flights and go to baracelona spend 3days there then 3days travelling to the uk.but if i do that i loose all help with accomdation etc. a couple just left the resort and payed 1500 to get to barca tonyt and be back in the uk by weekend/monday latest.dunno what to do.got the cash to stay here and it would cost more to travel back than stay another week.i no the uk airports are open but easyjet cant say we will be on a flight on a cetain day,apart from it will be in the next 3weeks.if say we are here for another 3weeks i wont have the cash.but if we are here for only another week it would be a result.

what to do
CorsAsh

20th Apr 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay.
LeeM

20th Apr 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just stay, free extra holiday?
Jake

20th Apr 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a set of donnay golf clubs from sports and soccer and make use of the golf course, or at least make the groundsman earn his money
am4nf

20th Apr 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your all inclusive = win
oceansoul

20th Apr 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its free and you have no commitments here....then stay
GF-91
Banned

20th Apr 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay.
MarkM

20th Apr 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay.
barter

20th Apr 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its free to stay in the hotel as there is no one else comin in.its not inclusive though.they do have a resturant etc which i dont have a problem paying.if im here for just say, another week ive got a result of a life time.but if im here longer cash gonna be a issue.as not to sure to stay or go.if i could garuntee im only here another week it would be one messy week.lol. the staff etc love me as im common as muck,which is hard to find here i walked in the bar with a hat on and every1 thought i was a sportsman as its just not what you do here,could i give a f**K no not at all i love the look down apon look people give as we all the same.but if im here longer commitments etc at home are gonna fall apart and go wrong. do i take the risk,im thinking i should but need someone with smarter shoulders to give a opinion rather than me.the lady the clever one but im not gonna admit to her until other people say the same as her lol
Paul_J

20th Apr 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay ffs. Flights are starting again now anyway
SXi_Tim

20th Apr 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate was stuck in Amsterdam, was meant to come back thursday but got the channel tunnel back today.
Colin

20th Apr 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant be that bad getting stranded on holiday tbh!! I dont know why anyones freeking out & heading home via bus or whatever!! Just kick back & enjoy, I dont think you'll have this problem again in your lifetime!!

I almost got stranded at work!! However managed to get on one of 7 flights that has managed to go ahead sinse last wednesday, had 15mins notice to grab my stuff, check in & get on baord!!

Enjoy your extended holiday!!
bubble

21st Apr 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cousin is in spain, says bein treated like prisoners
Daimo B

21st Apr 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We talked about this last night, what would you do if you had no money and were stuck.

I came to the decision i'd say "f**k it" get teh credit card out and worry about the money when I get home.

Enjoy the extra free time.

But just so you know, its lovely in the UK, and has been for a week now Sun, warmish (not as warm as crete though, waters not so nice either )
3CorsaMeal

21st Apr 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stay there, spend all your cash.

IMO this volcano could be the beginning of the end, especially if this big one goes off thats due after 100yrs.

i say enjoy whatever you can
16vKarlos

21st Apr 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would suggest speaking with the manager at the hotel...

as him/her if they can do something with regards to funding your stay? Food etc.

lets face it, you were not to know that you would be there for longer... and you have commitments back here...

however if you do have a credit card im sure that if you call your credit card company and say, look i have no choice but to use this card, can you stop all interest for the purchases outhere in crete or to get you home.. depending on bank.. im sure that could be done??
3CorsaMeal

21st Apr 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be making fires, hunting my own food and living in a shelter made from trees by now
stuartmitchell

21st Apr 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Magaluf mate
Bonney

21st Apr 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aparantly, The insurance companys only cover you for 7 days after the last day of your holiday if you are stranded. Its one of the reasons why people are taking measures to make sure they can get home by any means!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » stuck in crete 23 database queries in 0.0198910 seconds