corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine swap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine swap
scottyp91

User status: Offline
21st Apr 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thining about changing my 1.4 16v engine to a 1.6 16v mainly as this way you cant tell the dif so for insurance its better for me was just wondering what i need to change to fit this etc cheers
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
scottyp91

21st Apr 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
Vivasam

22nd Apr 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will not be insured if you do this. If stopped by the police, they often checkchassis and engine no. if they do not match the log book, you are uninsured. If your car goes on fire, the same, you are uninsured. If you bump into someone, the same as above, uninsured.
For the sake of a few quid if you want to change engine, report to your insurance, and the dvla and pay the difference.
Otherwise if you are stopped it would be goodbye car, or worse have a bump, and it could well be good bye scotty for a few months or years, depending on how bad the bump is.

Generation

22nd Apr 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be a knob. If you can't afford it, dont do it
scottyp91

22nd Apr 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oki was just wondering on it tbh

New Poll