corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » taxing my car. need the corsa taxed 1st may :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author taxing my car. need the corsa taxed 1st may :)
noshua

User status: Offline
30th Apr 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask for your insurance to fax or email over a copy of your cover note. This shoudnt be used to tax a car but some post offices will and have accepted it.

Don't go in saying "I've only got my cover note", just hand all your documents together and see what they say. Worth a try tbh
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy it online tomorrow.

Print the receipt, carry in the car - you have purchased valid tax, and are unable to display it due to it not being with you yet - the system of purchasing online wouldn't work if you were liable to be fined etc when the new disc is en-route to you.

Don't worry about ANPR etc - once the tax is purchased, the electronic systems will be updated with 24hrs and electronic checking systems will show the car as taxed.

Its not a big deal, really.

Buy it online, and carry the receipt until the disc arrives. Simple.
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Buy it online tomorrow.

Print the receipt, carry in the car - you have purchased valid tax, and are unable to display it due to it not being with you yet - the system of purchasing online wouldn't work if you were liable to be fined etc when the new disc is en-route to you.

Don't worry about ANPR etc - once the tax is purchased, the electronic systems will be updated with 24hrs and electronic checking systems will show the car as taxed.

ok cheers mate. im probably going to ring them up still just to clarify
jibjob

30th Apr 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just done mine online and it was fine. I couldnt do it in the post office because i didnt have my insurance docs as it was renewed yesterday. My new tax disc starts tomorrow.
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance isnt valid till midnight tonight. when i last tryied buying my tax online it said that insurance not found.

i just went on askmid and my car is down on the insurance database
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE! i just looked at trying to tax the car online again. i now know that the mid recognises that my car has insurance starting at midnight tonight when i went on the dvla website to try and tax it said policy start date. 1.04.2010. which the car wasnt insured then or even now....... will i have to just wait to midnight tonight. insurance is a go ahead and mot is fine. just the fucking tax.... i dont mind driving without a tax disc. if i can buy it online i will print off a reeipt to show it has been paid. i have had a confrimation email from admiral saying about my insurance...
jibjob

30th Apr 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont be able to get one until your insurance starts, Mine was the similar. I couldnt tax mine for May because my insurance ran out on the 28th April so i didnt have a valid policy for when my tax started. So you should be able to do it at 00.01 tonight if not it might be 9am office hours
jbguitarking

30th Apr 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine today no problem, but i have valid insurance so no issues there. I think that the online tax system is really good, saves the hassel of a que in the post office or the local DVLA place!
Tom B

30th Apr 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Buy it online tomorrow.

Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom B
quote:
Buy it online tomorrow.

thats true enough but i just went online and they say you can drive with your old tax disc for up to 5 days (but i dont think this applies to me because my tax ran out at the end of last october). only if you applied for a tax disc before the current one expired... i can now buy it online but i might just wait till midnight to save a month. my dad and stepmum are pretty angry with me. saying i have to wait for the disc to arrive untill i can drive. but how can i get to work. if i buy it at like midnight tonight then i can just print of the receipt and wait for the disc to arrive? i cant do it at the post office as my isnurance company only faxs cover notes and the post offices in my area only accept downloaded cover notes. argh so confusing.

will i get completely fucked by the plod for driving around with a tax disc from last year. even if i have proof that i have valid tax but not the disc??
Tom B

30th Apr 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont get fucked at all if you have paid the tax then there isnt a problem
Tom B

30th Apr 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done it before on a sorn car i bought. I didnt get pulled because the car would appear as taxed motd and insured on the police system
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but if they looked in your windscreen and saw that you had an old tax disc did they not say anything?
Tom B

30th Apr 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you show them your receipt that you waiting for it to be posted, your still taxed. Its only a piece of paper
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not hard to take in, honestly.

YOU WILL HAVE VALID TAX ONCE PURCHASED ONLINE.

I've alreayd said, your receipt of purchase will prove the vehicle is taxed - in the event of you being stopped by the police, if you can provide proof of it being currently taxed (receipt of purchase) then that is that.

You dont have control over the postal system, and again, like i've alread said, the system wouldnt work if they were to fine you for having no tax on display when you have bought it and are waiting for it to turn up.

Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just went on ask mid. and it said my car isnt on the insurance database. what the fckkk is going on lol. i tried doing it on the dvla site and it said insurance could not be found. piss take....
Aerox-lad

1st May 10 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump does anyone know why it says i have no insurance now? my policy started at 00.01 today!!!
Graham88

1st May 10 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask mid is a load of wank mate, it says my bike isn't insured when it is.
AlexW

1st May 10 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL at this thread.

It could take up to 24hours for your insurance to come up on any database, So thats why you start your insurance sooner than needed.

Aerox-lad

1st May 10 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
LOL at this thread.

It could take up to 24hours for your insurance to come up on any database, So thats why you start your insurance sooner than needed.

had to wait till 1st may. if you would have read the start i did say i've waited till today as it will be cheaper
Aerox-lad

2nd May 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance has come up on the mid. but when i try apply online on the dvla site it says your insurance details havent come up one the mid.....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » taxing my car. need the corsa taxed 1st may :) 23 database queries in 0.2867980 seconds