corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Coupe Turbo / Astra G Z'LETs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra Coupe Turbo / Astra G Z'LETs
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Apr 10 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently looking to buy the Missus an Astra Coupe - because i'll be using it at weekends to keep the mileage off my Mazda, and the Corsa not being ideal for everyday punting about.

We are considering other Coupes, so also 1.8s and 2.2s, but would prefer to sway towards the Turbo (well, I would)

Anyone here with any experience of them? Or any Z'LET Astra G for that matter?

What sort of mileage do you get from a full tank on mixed driving?

Are they alright to live with?
ChrisBoom

30th Apr 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got about 300 from a tank iirc, cant actually remember

Costs about £60 to fill it with super unleaded. Mine has been spot on so far, had no problems. Turbo is bound to go soon though, 112k and still the original, they tend to go every 50k
Twitch

1st May 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra coupe turbo's are known for going. Pot 4 also likes to shit its self and the gear box is about 250-300 second hand as you can only use a F23 tbh i would stay away from it unless you can afford the repairs. If 200 here and 300 there isnt that much of a bother well worth getting
Novaneil

2nd May 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Missus has got one that i've now brought into (was at Combe & mallory). Its a good car, handling wise it needs a little money spending on it and I found the standard brakes poor. Engine is ok (Z20LET) but is transformed by a remap. We average over 300miles a tank (high 20's low 30's MPG) on the motorway it does mid 30's.

Hope that helps
Ojc

2nd May 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
Astra coupe turbo's are known for going. Pot 4 also likes to shit its self and the gear box is about 250-300 second hand as you can only use a F23 tbh i would stay away from it unless you can afford the repairs. If 200 here and 300 there isnt that much of a bother well worth getting

What an absolute load of bollocks.
Ryan_G1

2nd May 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

I agree, I had a GSi for 2 years, never had a problem with it.
ShEp

2nd May 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

I agree, I had a GSi for 2 years, never had a problem with it.

x3

I've had bother with mine, but it's entirely my own fault, I drive it the way it was made to drive.
Huwsi

2nd May 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had mine 6 months and had 2 things go wrong, I've had the Crank sensor go (£20 fix) and I've had to change the AFM which was a £90 job from CES autoparts. Otherwise I would say id's just as reliable as my last astra (5dr 1.6 16v) and a hell of a lot more fun to drive

Best car I've owned so far and I can't see me getting rid anytime soon tbh. The way I drive normally i would probably see around 250 miles out of a tank. 35mpg is possible on a long run though

Be fussy with what you buy though, There are plenty of dogs out there as I test drove 7 of them

Ignore the 2.2's as they are a waste of time in my mind. Not much faster in reality than the 1.8 and you get less mpg and higher insurance for the trouble. I'd look for a really clean 1.8 or a nice turbo if i was you, that's my opinion anyway

[Edited on 02-05-2010 by Huwsi]
Pete_vxl

2nd May 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had engine trouble with my gsi, if you get a well service/looked after one then all you have to do is fill it with petrol and enjoy it. I get a constant 32mpg+, had it upto 40 the other day on the motorway.
Skylined

2nd May 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love mine, still on original turbo - just make sure she looks after it and lets it warm up/cool down.

Can average 28-30 around town, 35+ depending on what speed you do on motorways.

Handling is shit if you want to race 106s but otherwise it's fine as a daily drive.
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd May 10 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all

Stupidly (well, maybe) I readjusted her fuelling on her Cav TD after winding up the fuel and boost last summer, and also whammed a load of fuel treatment through it after giving it a little service - her return on the first tankful has just increased from circa 350 miles to 55l, to 510 miles to 55l...

So, a Coupe may be out of the question now. Purely on her wallet taking a fair bit more of a hit for her daily running about for work.

Plus she has mentioned her hankering for a newer Suzuki Swift Sport - and i'm tempted...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Coupe Turbo / Astra G Z'LETs 23 database queries in 0.0143101 seconds