corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » what happens with food in supermarkets that dont sell?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what happens with food in supermarkets that dont sell?
lostboy
Banned

User status: Offline
4th May 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sainsburys write them off then bin them. I know as that's where I work.

I'll elaborate on this more.

No it cant be sold not even to staff as this is illegal, it gets written off with a handset as ooc (out of code) and put in a meat bin (stored in our freezer at work otherwise the meat starts to stink when it gets warm, obviously when frozen it doesn't) then a guy comes along in a van and empty's the bin for us and takes the meat away, where it goes from there I don't know.

[Edited on 04-05-2010 by lostboy]

[Edited on 04-05-2010 by lostboy]
Crana

4th May 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At asda they bin them
ed

4th May 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's gone past the use by date then it gets binned. It cannot be sold at all. If it goes past the best before date then it can be sold on, hence why corner shops sell stale crisps. Un-used food that's gone off goes to landfill. What a wonderful world we live in, how resourceful are we that we are so paranoid of a mouldy piece of fruit that anything that's a few days off going bad gets dumped in the ground
mattk

4th May 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use my good old fasioned sense of smell to tell if food is off, Il more than happily eat food that is well out of date if it smells ok, its fine once cooked anyway.

one of my uncles was a "freegan" for a while, used to jump over the fence of his local supermarkets and rob all fruit and veg and bread ect out of the baskets ready for the skip lorrys
lostboy
Banned

4th May 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a steak today that went out of date on the 28th according to the packaging, smelled fine, looked fine tasted spot on.
MJFF88

4th May 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that all left over mcdonalds meat (before it gets sent to the store obviously) goes to M&S for all their meat products. Found that quite backwards really.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i worked for serve fresh the veg was just binned

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » what happens with food in supermarkets that dont sell? 23 database queries in 0.0794730 seconds