corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa redtop vs Corsa 2.5 V6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa redtop vs Corsa 2.5 V6
reidy22

User status: Offline
5th May 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering as im for one of these next week which is faster i had a redtop and it beat my mates v6 but that was goosed any ideas cheers peeps

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by Ian]
Pete_vxl

5th May 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

due to weight the redtop may be faster but not by much i would have thought. v6 would be faster top end i would have thought but i may be wrong
Eck
Premium Member

5th May 10 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many different factors. if its goose its hardly a fair comparison. what v6? there are a couple of different ones!
J200RSA

5th May 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all depends if they are both healthy engines what boxes they use, v6 would beat it top end but if your going to do a v6 conversion why use they 2.5 when the 3.0 has bags more power and torque
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

5th May 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be best to ask big Pagey Brian, cos he's owned both
I'd go for the valver personally, as long as you dont buy ma old one
Nic Barnes

5th May 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unsure why the v6 would be faster top end on same gearbox as it has a lower rev limit than a xe does.
Corsa_Sport21

5th May 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a healthy V6 with say an F20 box,it should kill a redtop Corsa.
Ive had both engines in the same car(at different times obviously) and it was like night and day.
Was a Mk3 Gsi and it used to fuk XE Corsa's not a problem.XE Nova's were a bit more of a challenge though,nothing in it.
SportBoy

5th May 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm one corsa with some power ... one with abit more ... i wonder which one is faster ...
Nic Barnes

5th May 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 106 mate.
SportBoy

5th May 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dam .. of course!
reidy22

6th May 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol valver it is and archie sorry buddy but if its still there next wednesday am buying it lol coz i know its been done properly dont hate meeee lol
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you give me a shot and look after it
Aye its definatly a good one i still regret selling it.
taylorboosh

6th May 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v6 for the sound anyways
~willow~

6th May 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a v6 corsa, she was the 2.5 redtop but she did have 3litre cams and remap etc
i have also had a redtop valver corsa which had powercap etc

tbh i think the v6 was much better and would of eaten the valver corsa alive! only down side of the v6 is if anything breaks esp the exhaust its an engine out job!!!
Limecat
Banned

7th May 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
unsure why the v6 would be faster top end on same gearbox as it has a lower rev limit than a xe does.

Top end is about power/CoD (not some nerds game).

If you are using the same gearing, the same CoD (same car, so going to be VERY close factoring in wheel width/lowering) then the V6 has more power than the XE so it will have a faster top end.
J200RSA

8th May 10 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ~willow~
i had a v6 corsa, she was the 2.5 redtop but she did have 3litre cams and remap etc

tbh i think the v6 was much better and would of eaten the valver corsa alive! only down side of the v6 is if anything breaks esp the exhaust its an engine out job!!!

I fail to see why or how people think if something goes wrong with a v6 then the engine has to come out to fix it when it clearly doesn't. The hardest parts to get to on a v6 in a corsa is the alternator and the rear exhaust manifold and ive had to change them on mine twice and the engine has stayed where it is no need what so ever for it to come out.

Ive also owned both a valver corsa and my current v6 corsa, my v6 has been built a million times better than my redtop as it was done at my home and not left at someones house to do but i'd choose the v6 over the redtop anytime.
~willow~

8th May 10 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J200RSA
quote:

I fail to see why or how people think if something goes wrong with a v6 then the engine has to come out to fix it when it clearly doesn't. The hardest parts to get to on a v6 in a corsa is the alternator and the rear exhaust manifold and ive had to change them on mine twice and the engine has stayed where it is no need what so ever for it to come out.

Ive also owned both a valver corsa and my current v6 corsa, my v6 has been built a million times better than my redtop as it was done at my home and not left at someones house to do but i'd choose the v6 over the redtop anytime.

ah right, well this is what i was told and my main reason for selling was the rear exhaust was blowing
Limecat
Banned

8th May 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Who did your XE then? Must have been a pikey bodger?
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That statement depends entirely on the engines though. The XE could have been from the late 80's and the V6 from the late 90's. That in itself could be a significant factor.
Limecat
Banned

8th May 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What? Who's statement? I assume you don't mean me as I asked questions. I have a suspicion of who it was if it was a shit XE conversion though.
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your suspicions are correct. Another thing, how many people on here have actually had V6 conversions? I know it's not uber rare but I bet the XE to V6 conversion ratio is massively won by XE's. So there will be lots of people saying they have had problems. I for one haven't had any problems with mine but then again, I've not had a V6 so can't give a good view on what would be better. But the fact remains that a V6 should always be quicker in a straight line std for std.
Limecat
Banned

8th May 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it was Beardy then? No surprises there then. I was bleating how crap his work was when I first joined this site and had all the knobs telling me to shut up!

I would say there are 50 times as many XE's as there are V6's TBH. Putting so much weight in a lowish weigh car with a short whelbase is bad engineering. I bet they would be interesting in their own right though.
Corsa_Sport21

9th May 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V6 with F20 weighs the same as an LET with an F28 so the weight shouldnt be too much of an issue.Plenty LET Corsa's that dont get too much of a "bad handling" slating.

And the V6 will have more weight sitting further back,so the handling should be all that terrible.
J200RSA

9th May 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
quote:

Who did your XE then? Must have been a pikey bodger?

it was beardy who did my "conversion" lets just say ill never let him near any of my cars again

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa redtop vs Corsa 2.5 V6 23 database queries in 0.0139358 seconds