corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » deano87's eco rant - StopStart technology and the like

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author deano87's eco rant - StopStart technology and the like
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
I've got a 4 month old Golf Mk6 bluemotion as a company car.

Costs me around £40 a month in tax and gets great economy - 50mpg around town at 65mpg+ on motorway runs (which is 650miles to £50)

My economy was sub 45mpg before it was 'run in' - it's now got 8,000miles on it and the economy is now almost at book figures

Is that including fuel / tyres / servicing etc or just the car and you maintain it?

One we had on demo had 1,000 miles on clock but was returning quite poor figures comapred to book, and I took it home on a good extra urban run.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
N3CRO

6th May 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You tell em Deano!
DaveB

6th May 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
I've got a 4 month old Golf Mk6 bluemotion as a company car.

Costs me around £40 a month in tax and gets great economy - 50mpg around town at 65mpg+ on motorway runs (which is 650miles to £50)

My economy was sub 45mpg before it was 'run in' - it's now got 8,000miles on it and the economy is now almost at book figures

Is that including fuel / tyres / servicing etc or just the car and you maintain it?

One we had on demo had 1,000 miles on clock but was returning quite poor figures comapred to book, and I took it home on a good extra urban run.

That's £40 a month off my wage for 'the car' which includes tyres/servicing/bulbs/oil/maintenance/road tax etc

I don't get my personal mileage paid for, but at todays fuel prices, and with average monthly economy of 55-60mpg it works out at around 9p per mile. Well happy with that tbh.

At 1,000miles I was getting 35-40mpg. Can't believe the difference the mileage made. Also hot weather aswell; coming back from Brand Hatch a few weeks ago at a cruise controlled 75mph my mpg dropped 1.5mpg for every degree colder it got driving home LOL
3CorsaMeal

6th May 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
who cares? i drive massive fuel consuming cars and fuckin enjoy every second of destroying the environment. fuck em.

i agree, i would rather run the fuel supply out and let our childrens children not have to worry about stupidally high priced fuel, also once the fuel is gone there's a lot less reason for starting war
oceansoul

6th May 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
who cares? i drive massive fuel consuming cars and fuckin enjoy every second of destroying the environment. fuck em.

i agree, i would rather run the fuel supply out and let our childrens children not have to worry about stupidally high priced fuel, also once the fuel is gone there's a lot less reason for starting war

Or start a war over the little remaining fuel.
antnee

6th May 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Im all for hippy green cars.

Less petrol used on those that don't care, means more petrol available for those of us that do.

(thinking 20-30 years down the line )

This.

We should be pushing for eco cars and alternative fueled vehicles so we as enthusiasts can still enjoy the petrol engine as we know it.
JaffaTB

6th May 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I just think the Government has completely lost the plot in taxing based on emissions - all cause damage to the roads, require road maintenance.

The government doesn't maintain our roads anymore and hasn't done for a long time going by state of them!
random dav
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
another point for you i read today.

all these foreign lorries that come over, use our roads, pollute our country, do 600 million miles every year on our roads yet on average only fill up 10 litres of fuel on british soil.

they fill up their tanks to the brim on the continent where the fuel is cheaper then drive over here and use it all up.

so they basically get to drive on our roads and spend about £11 for 10 litres of fuel to do so.

madness.

They should be charged when they get off the ferry/back on it. We have to pay to use their roads.

WRLFC !

Project cars
random dav
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I'm all for saving money me

Get some balls and buy the big engine car that you was going on about

WRLFC !

Project cars
ed

6th May 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
It's not based on emissions.

Ste emits more pollution out of his 1.3 diesel Corsa than I do out oy my 2.0 Astra simply because he does more miles than me.

If it were based on emissions, I wouldn't be paying over 10 times the road tax that he is.
The tax band is based on the Co2 emissions though.

Nic Barnes

6th May 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for newer cars ed. older ones is still capacity isnt it?
ed

6th May 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, the change is now at 1.6 capacity too.

Also, Ste will pay more tax to use his car than Ian because he will require more fuel.

Also, I was merely making a remark to the people moaning about heavy cars and tax.
Graham88

6th May 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not bothered that much, or I wouldn't have bought my car, I just think it's a joke when there is more to a car than how much emissions it puts out. I don't care if the ozone layer is burning, I'm still driving over the same pot holes the person paying £35 is!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » deano87's eco rant - StopStart technology and the like 24 database queries in 0.0244892 seconds