corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should be cheaper to insure

Poll: What should be cheaper to insure
  Astra with 200hp commuting every day and being parked in a city centre
  An old van used about three times per year, stored on a farm behind blocked in by tractors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What should be cheaper to insure
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
8th May 10 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the old Van should be more expensive. It's worth more and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old van is up at £3k on the Buy It Now but 650 to insure.

Astra stands me more than that and comes it at £400 for the year.
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what should be cheaper, but I've had a couple of drinks and thought I'd be a twat. But antagonizing the boss is clearly a bad idea
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

8th May 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van's going to be used by several drunk CS'ers in close proximity to bbq............
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you have to declare that though? Because that in itself would hike up the premium
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't ask about drunken barbecues so I didn't tell them
Colin

8th May 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get day insure on the case...if its only going to be used the odd weekend. Or switch your policy if your insurance will let you.

If its secure where its stored then might be worth the risk??
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite right. If it does happen to go on fire then, forgive me for being cheeky again but a burnt out motor from a Liverpudlian is not a new thing
AK

8th May 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read and weep

My 911 is something like £200 a year agreed value
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is as well - it's only a short term purchase so it's actually going to be fixed up and improved rather than battered about so it doesn't lose too much money.

Not sure they're used to people owning one on the pretence that its condition will get better, not worse.
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the other hand, they may have heard that line too many times before when it's actually been false!
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the plan...
Leighton

8th May 10 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should not of mentioned my name haha just say there may be other drivers !
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That was the plan...

Drive it uninsured and when stopped say your name is Jay.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should be cheaper to insure 23 database queries in 0.0106108 seconds