corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » alarm goes off every time i open drivers door... please help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alarm goes off every time i open drivers door... please help.
rbailey88

User status: Offline
9th May 10 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come to my car the other day (it was locked) put key in drivers door to unlock and only drivers side lock popped up so the central locking didnt kick in, then when i opened drivers door the alarm sounded... even put key in and starting car didnt stop alarm (it goes off after approx a min) but every time you open door goes off again so im guessing the car still thinks its lock so is a sensor at fault maybe? also cant get passenger door to unlock from in or outside, the pin wont pull up and the key wont unlock it from outside.

could some1 push me in the right direction, going to try fix it today but not really sure where to start
rbailey88

9th May 10 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if its passenger door at fault with it not unlocking or drivers door??
fillmecca

9th May 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i live closer mate ad come give you a hand for nout did you get them coilover sorted in end?

mine did soma like this abit ago i raged about with the lock as it just got stuck! try puting the key in door and rag it in and out and at same time try turn it left to right ,if you can get a mate to try pul and push the door lock pin up and dwn .

[Edited on 09-05-2010 by fillmecca]
fillmecca

9th May 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for alarm going off i think the cars just confused because the locks stuck may be roung tho

8vcorsa

9th May 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its dead locked m8 thats why the pass side wont open only the drivers opens well tharts wat mine does but the alarm dont go off on mine
rbailey88

9th May 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be a loose connection somewere... took it for a drive down the road and heard central locking kick in and passenger door unlocked so atleast the car knows its unlocked now so alarm doesnt go off. just not going to lock it now as it sleeps in my locked garage. still need it sorting tho.
rbailey88

9th May 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
wish i live closer mate ad come give you a hand for nout did you get them coilover sorted in end?

mine did soma like this abit ago i raged about with the lock as it just got stuck! try puting the key in door and rag it in and out and at same time try turn it left to right ,if you can get a mate to try pul and push the door lock pin up and dwn .

got coils on mate but couldnt keep same wheels because of the scuffing and the offset not being correct to go so low. got some satin black cesaros on it now, sits low and doesnt scuff 1 bit so all good matey.
fillmecca

11th May 10 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rbailey88
quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca

got coils on mate but couldnt keep same wheels because of the scuffing and the offset not being correct to go so low. got some satin black cesaros on it now, sits low and doesnt scuff 1 bit so all good matey.

glad to here mate what wheels did you have on??
rbailey88

11th May 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

team dynamics pro race 2.0 in gloss black, but they were et35 and 7 inch wide so -100mm at rear was pushing it haha. got it slammed now tho on cesaros looks spot on.
fillmecca

12th May 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rbailey88
team dynamics pro race 2.0 in gloss black, but they were et35 and 7 inch wide so -100mm at rear was pushing it haha. got it slammed now tho on cesaros looks spot on.

thats why..et35 haha ment to be ET49 lol
rbailey88

12th May 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i no mate, was only plannin on 60mm when i got them so didnt matter and they only had et45 and those were out of stock for like 3 weeks so just bought them and they were sweet but in the end wanted a change and wanted it LOW! sits nice now only thing is the front roll bar is gettin battered on these lovely english roads... might take it off.

New Poll