corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » F1 Qualifying

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F1 Qualifying
Paul_J

User status: Offline
16th May 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Apparently Schumacher has just been handed a 20 second penalty for his last lap overtaking dropping him to 12th place = no points.

Fucking ridiculous.

http://twitter.com/noblef1

thats because damon hill decided his punishment and he hates him
LeeM

16th May 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats crazy, rules can be interpreted a couple of ways there. theyve been harsh
Nath

16th May 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha unlucky Schumacher you cunt.
Dom

16th May 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although the 40.13 rule states that if the safety car is out until the end of the race, then it'll will pit on the last lap and the cars should continue to the finish line with no overtaking. However the issue was with green flags being waved as the safety car was pitting -
quote:

A green flag indicates that any previous danger has been attended to. The track is now clear, and drivers may proceed at racing speed and may again overtake

Technically yellow flags should have continued to be waved (no overtaking allowed) until the end of the race.

Can't say i'm a huge fan of Schu, i think he's a great driver but he has had done far too many questionable antics out on the track. However, i think he was he clearly in the right to undertake Alonso on that corner and Mercedes have every right to appeal this as it clearly highlights a serious issue with the sporting regulations.

Ben G

16th May 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can see an appeal for that then.

i wondered what had happened when i saw MSC 6th and ALO 7th, although the commentators didn't notice it at the time, fools.

the way i see it, he was free to overtake and the rules aren't clear enough.
SportBoy

16th May 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 big farce

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » F1 Qualifying 23 database queries in 0.0975962 seconds