corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEED HELP! (Insurance)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEED HELP! (Insurance)
Cazy-Corsa

User status: Offline
16th May 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plese help !

moste of my mtes tht have passed there test are ll between £600-1200 for there insurance.

i was tryin to insure my car which is 1.0l 12v 2000 vauxhll cors 3dr club, i was around £1300 when saying i was a provisional card holder and with alloys declared on the car, now that my test is comeing up i am tryin to insure my car with the price of passing my test and holding a full uk manual license, but im now away upto £2,200 plus!

really confused why thats the case, everthing is the same, but instead of being better after passing my test like my mates insurences, im now well up in price, dono if it is beacuse im the registered owner and my dad is a named driver?

maybe in that case he should be owner and i should be a named driver

a thought that may be it, but my dad wants me to be owner so my NCB goes up every year?

really confused, and need help on what to do, because i dont want to hopefully pass at the end of the month and then have to fork out stupid money on a 1.0l car, understand the insurance will probably be more than the car cost, but surely £2,200 is just laffable, really dono what to do here, need help please!

thanks in advance
sand-eel

16th May 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go as a named driver, who cares about no-claims until your older, I've saved £1500-2000 on insurance being a named driver until I was 19.
SR91

16th May 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Provisionals always cheaper... Shop around i got insured for £1400 on a 1.6 corsa at 17...
Cazy-Corsa

16th May 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would i be better foneing, rather than doing it online if that makes sense?

and as previous poster said, i am the named driver and owner of the car, but my dad isnt going to be the owner of the car, he says he will go on it incase he needs to use it, but i will be registered owner and named driver obvo

still confused how alot of other cheap options are about, but i cant find them lol !

who would people suggest to try?

cheers again
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

16th May 10 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a pass plus course, It saved me nearly a grand

What alloys have you got? if they are vauxhall don't declare them it bumps the premium up needlessly

[Edited on 16-05-2010 by basslinecorsa]

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Cazy-Corsa

16th May 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate tere vauxhall calibra alloys

and whats the pass plus course exactl again, heard about it but just a bit?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

16th May 10 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did pass plus and did shite all to my insurance because they didnt accept it as a discount everywhere else does though lol! and mines about £2500 with all mods declared at 17

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Twitch

16th May 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont declare the alloys. No point for a first car. Aldo pass plus does help alot. Mainly a motorway lesson and maybe driving at night etc real easy.
nathy_87

17th May 10 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just shop around. Try comparison websites like go compare or compare the market. Then once you've got the cheapest quote up ring them up and try get it cheaper. As said just don't bother declaring the vauxhall alloys its pointless. The pass plus is like a long driving lesson which includes motorway and night driving which costs £60 (last time I knew) and you do this in your own car with your driving instructor. Just get insured now with an insurer so you can start getting used to your car then once passed your test just make them aware. I gave up with driving instructors after a few lessons and drove my own car with my grandpa (who isn't a driving instructor) it was so much better.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

17th May 10 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pass plus is 6 hours extra tuition
2hrs on the motorway
2hrs city driving
1hr night driving
1hr country lanes
* obviously if you live down country lanes and take lessons at night then you will only do
the other two as your instructor already knows your capable in those situations.
You can't fail this as there is no test, should cost the same as 6 normal lessons and most
insurers will give you a 30% discount.

[Edited on 17-05-2010 by basslinecorsa]

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
pow
Premium Member

17th May 10 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pass plus saved me fuck all
Fro

17th May 10 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add your parent as named drivers if they have good history.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEED HELP! (Insurance) 24 database queries in 0.0140350 seconds