corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » new shell - white corsa let

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new shell - white corsa let
corsa-let-09

User status: Offline
21st May 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as some of you know had to scrap the old shell a while back due to finding that the chassis rail was twisted after i was 70% threw the let build was pssed off but never mind only losssed £200 and alot of my time but here the new shell project this was started on the 23rd of march

well went down to kings lynn on sunday met browney and fenny and after a bit of haggling picked up this shell, they probly thought i was a rite w$$nker but gotta get fings as cheap as you can, cheers lads :thumb:

gave it a quick wash and and scrubbed the engined bay just need to get some hyper clean and degrease it all next

gonna have to keep it a gsi as i forgot the clips are part of the shell cant be arsed grinding them all off and painting so thats the plan, white gsi on black cesaros

also i didnt realise this is a type 2 shell so my engine mounts need changing as mine dont fit also not sure about the rack dont know wheter to levae it power steering or fit the rack off my sri also fitted the anti roll bar etc will polly bushes and polly bushed lower arms, not sure what the anti roll bar is off its thinner than a gsi any ideas anyone?

removing the old crap and fitting the spax rsx the veccy v6 brakes and motorsport hubs, gonna tidy thing up when its in the garage at the moment i got a day to get everything swapped over the the shell that being scrapped so i can get this one off my drive and into the garage

everything fitted so it can now move to its new home in the garage

another busy today had to fit all the old stuff the the old shell to get it on the drive and get my mate to take it down the scrappy
adios!

removed the powersteering and any unnessacary things
moved the new shell into the new home in the garage

started hypercleaning the engine bay and scraping any rust away
used some stone chip to do the chassis rail arches and any low inpact ares in the engine bay

got a can of glacier white to try on the engine bay and it was spot on white is soo easy to match so goin to be paintiing at the weekend

finished stone chipping the chassis rail and then painted all the engine bay nice and fresh in glacier white came out quite nice

[img]http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/ashleybruneau/SDC11102.jpg[.img]

started stone chippin the inside of the car as it covers alot better and faster , took allt he foam and carpets out and fitted the dirvers seat

gonna do the rest of the inside of the car tomorow , picked up waxoil in stead of stone chip so need to go and change it lol need mounts asap so i cna get my engine in think im going to be painting that to

engine bay now finished properly , gonna leave the chassis rail in stone chip i think as its not really going to be seen

painted the coil holder and fitted in place with the aid of the old red bull can

then i decided to change the engine colour from red and black to black and white, cam cover and spark plug cover painted

fitted thw white dials from the old corsa and fitted my rev counter and shift light, and the momo wheel

more stone chipping of the inside cant really see from this one but all the front it done now, and yes il be gettin rid of the hideous blue dash peice

still waiting to get hold of a mount so engine install has paused until i get get my hands on one, though id post some pics of the intercooler pipes and the 2.5" tophat i made thaanks to the stainless bends off browney

tophat

intercooler pipes this was when it was mocked up in the old shell

then mounted to the evo 6 intercooler

this week i have mostly been painting

went down to sheffield yesterday an picked up a full gsi kit as i needed a bumper and it had 3 jacking covers!! whohoo 1 lone one to find

the kit came off a rat style corsa so had been rollerd in chalkboard paint
at first i thought err ill sand that and get the bumper sprayed, but after trying the bumper on it looked pretty good in the chalkboard

im now stuk in 2 minds as to have all the gsi kit in chalkboard along with the bumpers and my satin blak grp bonnet

or to carry on as i was ans have all the kit glacier white with the black bonnet

have a look and throw me back some opinions, also thinking about cutting the bumper out and have intercooler showing as stealth has now sorta gone out the window :thumb:

like this

or this

spent a few hours today flatting back all the chalkboard paint on the front bumper and gave it a quick spray in white gloss with a rattle can

going to get some glacier white in a few days and have ago and maybe laquer over the top and see how it looks , if its crap il have to fork out and take it to the bodyshop

bonnet painted in satin black, might need another coat its a lil stripey

then of course put the vs sticker on

stuck a old plate on to have a look but i think i will be ditching it in favour of holes cut out or cutting it away and having the cooler on show.

removed the fogs and put a bit of mesh behind to see what it looked like, and you can see on the driver side where i will be puting the air filter then making som stainless bends upto the turbo and extending the afm wires

rite started out today with the brackets i had made at work for the hinges on the reay of my fibreglass bonnet as its the realy basic one, set them for a bit of lift at the back,

set them in position using p38 and then fibreglassed over the top when it had gone off, just needs another coat of paint and the bonnets done.

started modding the bumper to stil keep the evo cooler and 16 row cooler inside bumper, had to do alot more cutting out of the inside of the bumper than i had to with the post 97 ones, but came out ok

dewis mentioned the term function over form so the face
t that the holes arent perfectly inline means it doesnt matter because its for function lol well thats my excuse anyway

just need to mesh them up and mesh the fog lights ready for when i put the air filter behind one

then i went down the scrappy and found a late corsa with the epas, it seemed to be a mission to take out all the comlum etc so i opted not to and just took the rack,

alot better than my sri one as that was about 4 turns lock to lock, this is about 2.5, gave it a recon (hamerite msl: ) and fitted some new track rod ends

bolted her all in and happy days only thing i had to do was remove a stud sticking out the bulkhead as it was catching on the rubber of the fack making a horrible sound

got all my mounts now new uprated diver side, new rear and tiger seal filled pass side, mate dropping me a jack off tonite so hopefuly i will be putting the engine in tomrow :thumb: avve it!!

rite then spent saturday and sunday gettin the engine in and doin everything else thats involved was pretty epic , its the first one ive done all by myself

got a jack on loan put a spare wheel on top of it and got the car up as high as i could

old sri anti roll bar off dropped the tie bars off and un bolted the shocks, and then left the hubs hanging, cut the piped to the heater matrix down blah blah you all know the drill

got my home made engine trolley in position lowerd the car down over it

lined up my engine mount, was a massaive on the opposite mount ov about 50mm couldnt work it out , after a bit of struggliing i realised

i had gone from a type 1 to type 2 so the standard gearbox mount i had was for the wrong shell there different shape as you can see

off down to rowleys ripped on off a late core and voila my hardship was over she all lined up, fitted the new gearbox mounting and she was in. and i was nackerd lol

then piped all the rad up connected any parts of the loom back onto the correct places and fed the other end threw the bulkhead inside the car. then it was beer o clock :thumb:

spent sunday fitting the intercooler and all my pipe work and connectors in place, fitting the hubs and wheel spacers on and fitting the gsi antiroll bar along with all poly bushes for that and the lower arms.

fitted the exhaust aswel 3 inch with one box and a 5" magnex or somthing rear box yeeaa baby! aswel a new doghnut for the turbo fekin 25 sheets from vauxhall.

main work now done, just need to paint rocker cover again an a few bits that got marked while i was manhandling the engine.

managed to do the wiring myself today aswell which was great, so i filled the gearbox back up with oil and fired her up
started first time :thumb: sucess!!

tapping a bit and the alternator seems to be whining its arse off i think i should be able to adjust that and hope it stops tapping once it get driven, only other thing i noticed was it smoking a bit by the turbo where it drips down onto the downpipe, i think its a comon fault with the kkk must be a seal or somthing

last pic just showing where the oilcooler sits after i cut a bif of the bumper away and fibreglassed the side mount on as it has bust

my vxr injectors also arrived today, need to fit the walboro 255 pump and get a fit sard pressure reg, got a gauge and a blank plate coming, then just gotta get my chips prolly phase 2 or evo 5

rite then, been a while since i updated so here we go

aint done that much due to funds and going on holiday etc

changed my mind again about the bumper, it was fine when it was a sport one but with the gsi one the holes cut in it just didnt look rite

bought a new intercooler off egay and decided i would cut the bumper and have it sticking out, stealth idea kinda gone out the window now

also fitted the 16row mocal and piped up begind the intercooler and managed to move the rad forward so got a nice 80 or so mm from the turbo manifold

bit a paint in the arse gettin it all to fit but with a bit of patience it paid off and i rekon it looks hard as fook! lol

i then went about moving the air filterfrom its cack oem postion, orderd bends of browney (cheers dude) and then sum more silicones off ebay and it now runs down the passanger side wheel to the fog light hole

thats bout it really, fitting my vxrs this week and the sard reg and walboro just gotta get some chips now fit the strut braces and have now oil leakin from the passanger drive shaft hole so think i gotta do a seal

wont be able to fit the grp boot as i cant afford my polycarbs before pv so wont be getting as good times as i hoped but plenty of chances for that later in the year when the evo turbo is on :thumb:

lookin forward to the pv piss up :beer:

busy few days again in between workin nites and stayin up all day today and inhaling plenty paint fumes, ive made a good bit of progress althouth it looks as if not much has changed

mainly doing all the wiring for all gauges and rev counter, bit of a ball ache but its done, just waiting for my oil temp sensor to come as mines not working , oil pressure great . 5 bar on start up.

got rid of that hobbile blue colour centre colsole and control pannel , mad it was mingin

gauges in din pocket with the plate i made at work

5" tacho and boost gauge mounted in air blower, another plate curtosey or work lol

tiding all engine bay up, you couldnt tell from the pics bit it all got grubby and scuffed from gettin the engine in, and the cam cover got petrol on it and the paint went bad

so repainted the cam covers and all inside the engine bay and glossed over the top ,looks fresh again

made a new heatshield as the last one was to thin and vibrated , also added sticker to it from a vauxhall club you may have heard of lol, wether the paint will bubble when it gets hot remains to be seen :dunno:
fitted new 8.5mm double silicon leads,has cured the missing, also fitted a new passanger side drive shaft seal, no more leaks

fitted the plastic arch liners back on which caused me a bit of a headache with the air filter running where it is but all sorted now very tight lol

toying with wheel colour ideas , i bought some vauxhall anthracite today and did one wheel looks pretty good just cant decide between that and satin black see what yas reckon

also got some mor epaint to do the calipers all fresh once theve been bled and paint the hubs, also bought new ball joints but there wrong the holes to close togehter so gonna change them tomorow and then re flare the brake lines as i had to cut the old olives off.

also should be gettin anoter pj ecu with evo5 chips in a deal with mine

john_c20xe

22nd May 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very smart
Corsa_Scotty

22nd May 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice indeed
corsa-let-09

23rd May 10 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads
Jambo

23rd May 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome project!

Very very very cool. Pipework looks like it was supposed to be there. Excellent work pal
Doug

23rd May 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going oh so well until you fitted that rev counter

Very nice project thought.
connollygt30

23rd May 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt you just cut the pipes off your powersteering rack and use that mate?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd May 10 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very tidy

me likey
corsa-let-09

23rd May 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can but then the steering become hard as ther eis no pump you can only use what fluid is in the rack and makes it almost harder than a manual rack , plus i now have the option to fit the epas column at a later date. and whats wrong with a rev counter? i find them better for dragging but each to there own
rowland

29th Aug 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates ?
Graham88

30th Aug 10 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that alot

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » new shell - white corsa let 24 database queries in 0.0129631 seconds