corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fixed penalty notice help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fixed penalty notice help
Slammed_Corsa

User status: Offline
23rd May 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys need some advice on this.

I work in tesco at port glasgow and the other night when finishing at 10 i was driving through the retail park and i cut the mini roundabout (like everyone does) and on the A8 wich runs next to it the traffic police seen me do this. So they pulled me in at a bus stop about half a mile away on port glasgow road and issued me with a £30 fixed penalty for failure to comply with mini roundabout.

Now the two issues i have with this are the location the wrote on the ticket stated A8 which it was not because it was actually in the retail park and as we know down here there is no mini round about on the A8.

Secondly can you be handed penaltys like this for something which happened in a retail park which is private land.

If yes is the ticket still invalidated because they put the wrong location on it.

Cheers guys
DizzyRebel

23rd May 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you signed it, then you accepted there and then that you were charged with the right offence.

Although if it was private land then highway regulations dont always apply. If i was you id pay it and remember never sign fuck all the police give you in the future.
Toby
Premium Member

23rd May 10 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since its 30 quid I would pay, if it was points as well then you may have grounds to fight it. Can you really be arsed to though
deanmcreynolds26

23rd May 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its illegal to cut up a mini roundabout even the painted ones, which depending on the traffic conditions i think is a load of bollocks as most are painted on for lorries and the like to get around/over

think i cut that same roundabout yesterday when i was at tesco there

but it would just be your word against theirs and you dont want them looking out for you in future

[Edited on 23-05-2010 by deanmcreynolds26]
Slammed_Corsa

23rd May 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never signed the form the police officer did but i never
Bonney

23rd May 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the public have access to the land in question, It is not classed as private land.

You could probably use the "Well how will a large vehicle go around the roundabout" but i don't think it will wash very well.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fixed penalty notice help 23 database queries in 0.2806959 seconds