corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rats...... Sinking ship...... etc

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rats...... Sinking ship...... etc
strick206

User status: Offline
25th May 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
The difference between Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United is despite all making mistakes with buying players we still win trophies whereas Arsenal and Liverpool dont

Thats because you throw that much money at players you can afford to make those big mistakes as have other big priced players too. Where as both of us cant do that.

We both also have less debt because of this.

Fucking rubbish, we were able to sign these big names for big money because we are a big club and had alot of profit enabling the money to be available, the debt is nothing to do with buying players, it's the owners buying us that the debt came from

Slightly bitter we were able to make a 30million signing every year out of profit and you had to sign 10 4 million players and hope one wasn't disabled?
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
The difference between Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United is despite all making mistakes with buying players we still win trophies whereas Arsenal and Liverpool dont

Thats because you throw that much money at players you can afford to make those big mistakes as have other big priced players too. Where as both of us cant do that.

We both also have less debt because of this.

Fucking rubbish, we were able to sign these big names for big money because we are a big club and had alot of profit enabling the money to be available, the debt is nothing to do with buying players, it's the owners buying us that the debt came from

Slightly bitter we were able to make a 30million signing every year out of profit and you had to sign 10 4 million players and hope one wasn't disabled?

Please show me said £30m profit figures as you dont have them and havent had them.

Fact is the debt is being rolled up including the purchase of these expensive players.
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next you'll be telling me portsmouth purchased their players using the big profits they were making.
strick206

25th May 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was i not referring to when we was a PLC and before the takeover by the glazers?
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may of been, but I dont think you were making £30m profit back then either.
Whittie

25th May 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
His prices of them are the best bit, fucking miles out with anderson. IIRC

We got back over half of veron, which was a better deal considering he clearly couldnt play in the prem, brilliant footballer, just not in the prem, hargreaves wasn't a bad signing, just unlucky with his injuries, anderson the same

The players we have signed he mentioned above (barring smalling, who i dont know much about) are all fantastic players, a couple who just dont suit united or the PL

Didn't realise it was a combined fee for Anderson & Nani... still a waste of money.

Hargreaves was a cripple when you signed him, so not sure how he was unlucky with his injuries. When Liverpool signed Cisse that was an "Unlcuky" injury. At least we didn't buy him injured. (Still, not saying he was a good player in the premiership...)
strick206

25th May 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nani improved a hell of a lot late last season, will see how he is this season

I dunno how you can consider andersona waste of money when he completely played gerrard out of the game a couple years back, anderson's problem is his going out on the lash and niggling injuries, no-one could have anticipated that

strick206

25th May 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Pretty sure we was tbh

EDIT : Quick look, 32 million in 2002, but lower in previous years

[Edited on 25-05-2010 by strick206]
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Pretty sure we was tbh

So thats covered the 5 (?) £30m+ players you've signed? Not to mention the £20m+ ones.
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nani improved a hell of a lot late last season, will see how he is this season

I dunno how you can consider andersona waste of money when he completely played gerrard out of the game a couple years back, anderson's problem is his going out on the lash and niggling injuries, no-one could have anticipated that

Ah yeah, that one game makes him worth his money
strick206

25th May 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure we was tbh

So thats covered the 5 (?) £30m+ players you've signed? Not to mention the £20m+ ones.

Yes but being a PLC, surely the years profit would include the signings?

So for instance, 2001 we made 20 million profit, but would the signing that summer not be included in those?

Nani had a few good games last year, certainly worth a chance this year after appearing to grow up
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally they tend to split the cost in the accounts over the length of the contract, means they can take in to account depreciation and also the other associated costs.
mwg

25th May 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nani had a few good games last year, certainly worth a chance this year after appearing to grow up

I wanted him gone in January but he has really started to come in to a bit of form since then to prove me wrong I hope its the start of him playing how he should.
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry he'll be back to his normal self next season no doubt.
strick206

25th May 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Normally they tend to split the cost in the accounts over the length of the contract, means they can take in to account depreciation and also the other associated costs.

But they are still in there thus we still showed a profit with the signings on?

We still make massive profits now, it's just we have to pay so much interest on the loans, there's no doubting that the takeover is the only reason united are in the debt they are in, and by continuing to sign players now they are rolling up the money, but they have to sign to compete

strick206

25th May 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dont worry he'll be back to his normal self next season no doubt.

Oh don't get me wrong, that is exactly what i'm expecting to happen
Cosmo

25th May 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But they are still in there thus we still showed a profit with the signings on?

We still make massive profits now, it's just we have to pay so much interest on the loans, there's no doubting that the takeover is the only reason united are in the debt they are in, and by continuing to sign players now they are rolling up the money, but they have to sign to compete

You are still over spending what you make - you are paying next to zero interest back each year and just rolling it up yet still making losses (other than with the sale of Ronaldo last year).

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rats...... Sinking ship...... etc 24 database queries in 0.0130901 seconds