corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Tax

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road Tax
Leighton

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 10 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A advert came on the radio as I was driving to work today for a Seat Leon Eco Motion or something like that, and the advert said that you pay no road tax because the emissions are so low.
So now "Road Tax" should actually be called a "Pollution Tax" as that car is doing the same ware and tare on the road as normal Leon.
They need to re do the whole system and get it right, something with a combination of miles driven and emissions.
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 10 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was called 'Car tax' now?
Jambo

3rd Jun 10 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just the latest thing to screw money out of people. Some retards will genuinely beleive they are doing it to save the earth. but any politician would see the whole global warming fiasco as a huge money maker.

They will start on diesels soon, the carconegens SP that they chuck in the atmosphere are the type that can cause asthma and other respiratory diseases especially in children. So when it reasches saturation point and the larger numbers are in diesel cars...

Await sudden new "save the children" epidemic in the news and the govt. taking the arse out of diesel cars now everyone owns one.

DaveyLC

3rd Jun 10 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm all for the emissions taxation while I'm paying £30/year

As for diesels, its the particulate pollution that is a problem but most modern diesels (if not all) have particulate filters that inject a fine mist of parafin based solution onto a matrix in the exhaust which catches the soot particles, once they grow to a harmless size they are spat out of the exhaust

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Tax 23 database queries in 0.0896330 seconds