corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Work out footwear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work out footwear
jibjob

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 10 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i dont really have any footwear to go the gym in or to go running in. I dont really want to go wasting a load of money on a pair but want a decent pair thats light enough to go running in but with enough support to lift weights and to run on gravel. I used to have a pair of Adidas Climacools and they were brilliant as they were lightweight but supportive but i cant find them anywhere at a decent price anymore.

Can anyone recommend a pair? Im not bothered what they look like as they are only going to be used for the gym and running.

Cheers

gravesy

4th Jun 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These bad boys
Marc

4th Jun 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can recommend Mizuno. I run and go to the gym in these:

Nath

4th Jun 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nike Shox which I've had for about 7 years
gravesy

4th Jun 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are still comfortable and light - even in size 12. Space for an iPod sensor as well.
Carl

4th Jun 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are wanting to run in them it's best to go to a proper running shop or look on the net on how to find out about your foot shape etc For instance I have a high arch so i went for a pair of asics, managed to find a set for about 35 quid in sports soccer that fit the bill perfectly. They look shit but they do the job.
jibjob

4th Jun 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok mate would i need to go into a shop to get the shape of my foot looked at or is it as easy as looking on the web?
jibjob

4th Jun 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i can gather from the web and my footprint i have a normal/neutral foot. It says i can use most types of trainer just not ones that state stability or motion control
Carl

4th Jun 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be quit easy to find some then, have a search on net for recommendations and then have a scout around the shops, usually have deals on last years designs etc.

If you are cheeky enough you could go to a running shop and get tested etc and they will tell you, then buy from somewhere else, i'd feel bad doing that though as they are often independant type shops.

[Edited on 04-06-2010 by Carl]
J4M13

5th Jun 10 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv always just worn whatever down the gym etc but been using a pair of Lonsdale boxing boots recently, no reason for it though
DizzyRebel

5th Jun 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For weight training you need flat bottomed trainers with zero chusioning, and obviously running shoes dont fit this criteria.

Ive got adidad superstar 2 trainers for weight training and nike airs for running.
Conway563

9th Jun 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ukgear.com/

I've got the PT-03's for running and the GT-02's for everything indoor

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Work out footwear 24 database queries in 0.0113199 seconds