corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance problem
GTM

User status: Offline
7th Jun 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did not renew my insurance with quinn direct as even with another years no claims they bumped my insurance up £200! I called them and told them i didnt want to renew and they said it was all sorted. Just looked at my account on-line and they have taken a months instalment off me at the new higher price even though i have cancelled. Just on hold to them now thieving bastards. My mate reckons i have to contact the bank and stop the direct debit there but i thought as soon as i cancel my insurance surely they woud just stop taking money out of my account?
Neo

7th Jun 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quinn dont exist anymore, i'd get on the phone to them now !!
Neo

7th Jun 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well it appears they do They went into administration in March
GTM

7th Jun 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Ok well it appears they do They went into administration in March

i know they are odd, the said they couldn't renew my girlfriends policy yet sent me a renewal quote so i called them up and they said administration in Ireland is different and can last 4 years.
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were in adminstration but they are not only supplying insurance for provisional lisence holders
GTM

7th Jun 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky fuckers. Just spoke to them even though it was 5 days before the day they said i needed to call them if i wish to cancel they said they already had requested the money from the banks and to refund me i will have to wait 14 days.
GTM

7th Jun 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i have just had a welcome pack through the post from them. There fucking stupid ive they have sent me a certificate saying insured by them until next year. Whats to stop someone using this as proof of insurance if they ever got pulled. Whats a fuck up of a insurance company.
Neo

7th Jun 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you cancel they will ask for that document back. I left them in March when they were having problems and spent hours and hours on the phone to them trying to get it sorted, eventually got a letter saying that unless I sent that document back they'd take it as i'm still insured with them and keep taking money
AndyKent

7th Jun 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
Now i have just had a welcome pack through the post from them. There fucking stupid ive they have sent me a certificate saying insured by them until next year. Whats to stop someone using this as proof of insurance if they ever got pulled. Whats a fuck up of a insurance company.

Isn't this your fault for leaving it late to tell them you didn't want the cover?

All direct debits are set up to be called several days before they are due so if you'd let them know earlier they would have been able to stop the payment going out and wouldn't have sent you a certificate.

When did you recieve the quote from them for this years cover?
JaffaTB

7th Jun 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he rang up 5 days before the date they gave him to call by
GTM

7th Jun 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
He said he rang up 5 days before the date they gave him to call by

I did gave it plenty of time due to the bank holiday. Just a joke of company where no help when i was hit either.
AndyKent

7th Jun 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not what I asked. I asked when you got the quote through from them.

For example, my insurer has always posted the quote out 6 weeks before its due for renewal, give me plenty of time to get it sorted.
chloe16v

7th Jun 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got my renewal through i phoned up to cancel it and they said they had already requested the money from the bank and i would have to inform the bank to stop the money being took out of my account
GTM

7th Jun 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
when i got my renewal through i phoned up to cancel it and they said they had already requested the money from the bank and i would have to inform the bank to stop the money being took out of my account

Just cancelled the direct debit online
GTM

7th Jun 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Thats not what I asked. I asked when you got the quote through from them.

For example, my insurer has always posted the quote out 6 weeks before its due for renewal, give me plenty of time to get it sorted.

received 10 days before the renewal date, left 5 days before i called, they said i had to cancel before the 4th and i did 5 days before. If i was needed to cancel earlier why would they have set me a date and still sent out a welcome pack 13 days after i had cancelled .

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance problem 23 database queries in 0.0117042 seconds