corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Enter user HDD password! UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Enter user HDD password! UPDATED
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soory to be a pain John, I've just found out she knew the HDD password but still can't remember the desktop login password.

So I went to your original reply and tried the Ophcrack but it didn't didn't find the PW for some reason, it said in red letters 'not found'.

So I decided to try and re-install Vista, but while its installing it gives me an error code and doesn't complete the installation.

So if Ophcrack can't crack it, and I can't re-install Vista, what am I left with?

Still new hard drive?
John

9th Jun 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you download the vista version of ophcrack? If so did you leave it for long enough?

Unless it's a fairly simple password, ie a lowercase word or similar it could take a while.

I've not seen a system it hasn't worked on yet.

If you reinstall vista just make sure you choose to install it over the current installation and don't format, then you'll be able to access the files on the drive and do a backup or whatever.
Jamie-C

9th Jun 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea deffo the Vista version, I left it until the progress bar went full and then thats when it said not found.

If I tried again would there be a possibility it might find it this time?

I can't reinstall vista anyway unless I get another disk, my one isn't working properly. And if I go to repair instead of install to restore to another date it says there is no date set so that won't work either.

I'm going to give up soon
John

9th Jun 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's said not found it can't have found it, I've just never seen that before, it can happen.

Reinstall unless she can remember the password.
Jamie-C

9th Jun 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah no worries.

Thanks for the help John

X

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll