corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » will sum1 service my corsa? (want cambelt,waterpump and all other belts doing thats it.)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will sum1 service my corsa? (want cambelt,waterpump and all other belts doing thats it.)
jon-valver

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wanting to give the corsa a FULL service, by this i mean, new cambelt and waterpump, alaong with all other belts, new brake fluid, oil change, new spark plugs and leads ect., how much will some1 charge me for all of this, (can you state a price for you supplying parts and labour also and then another price next to it if i supplied all parts needed so just labour) cheers its a corsa b 1.6 x16xe btw too..........

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by jon-valver]

Adam_B

9th Jun 10 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has the head gasket gone? Not really answering your question sorry but id advise you to not do the hg unless there is something actually wrong with it.
AlexW

9th Jun 10 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Location would be good
jon-valver

9th Jun 10 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leeds mate. and no there aint owt rong wiv hg but thought id get it done same time as cambelt ect jus on safe side as its on 93k
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave the HG if it doesn't need doing, not much point wasting money and time.
markx14xe

9th Jun 10 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only replace the hg if its going to upgraded one because it alot of hassle tbh jon
just go with the cambelt kit and water pump,spark plugs,pollen filter,brake fluid
Sunz

9th Jun 10 at 03:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have no previous history of head gasket being changed then I would get it done for peace of mind personally.

I wouldnt think, oh the cambelts working now why do I need to change it.

But it's quite expensive for the head gasket to be changed as you need to obviously take the head off and sometime there is skimming to be done so it fits back correctly.
jon-valver

9th Jun 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, just the car is on 93k and i dont know when the head gasket was last done or cambelt for that matter, so i thought id save up and get both done just for my piece of mind. is there an upgraded headgasket you can get instead of buying another stock one? and what will be the best cambelt kit to buy ect for the car? cheers
jon-valver

9th Jun 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok change of plan, i only want the cambelt,waterpump and all other belts doing. cba with headgasket as its a lot of trouble to go to as its not even buggered. so could some one give me a quote? and ile supply all parts.
Adam_B

9th Jun 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
I wouldnt think, oh the cambelts working now why do I need to change it.

its not the same, if the gasket goes it doesnt completely fuck the engine like the cambelt would.
jon-valver

9th Jun 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah suppose. so i just want cambelt ect duin now anyway so if you know any1 point em my way lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » will sum1 service my corsa? (want cambelt,waterpump and all other belts doing thats it.) 23 database queries in 0.0117590 seconds