corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car swap help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car swap help
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been advertising my kit car for a few weeks now. Had a little bit of interest but the only serious guy died

Just had a phone call from a guy near me who seen the ad on PH and wanted to do a straight swap with his Evo 8 RS. He claims to have £8k worth of receipts for all sorts from engine mods to full manifold back exhaust etc. Big brake kit front and back and he is claiming 400bhp. It is also yellow.

He says he can't afford the insurance as it is over £3k but got a quote on my car for £300 (I'm sure you can get that cheaper as i pay £117 per year.)

Looking on PH these are booking for loads more money than mine. I know fuck all about evo's but this guy seems genuine he would do a straight swap.

BTW mine is up for £8k

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian W

9th Jun 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing that puts me off swaps is your potentially taking on a problem car he couldn't sell.

Surely if its that good he would sell it for more than your asking and just buy yours?
Ste
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, that's why I'd like to know more about them. even if i was to swap, i wouldn't keep it, i'd have to sell it right away. He says he hasn't even advertised it yet, just wants shut as it costs him too much

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Colin

9th Jun 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo 8 RS would be worth about double surely???
Ste
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, that is what's troubling me. I've told him to meet me and i'll have a look around it and do a HPi etc. he says it is genuine and will pass any test so who knows. maybe he's just thick ?

Ian W

9th Jun 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
yes, that is what's troubling me. I've told him to meet me and i'll have a look around it and do a HPi etc. he says it is genuine and will pass any test so who knows. maybe he's just thick ?

He well could be, the worlds full of idiots - give it a try you might end up doing very well out of the deal
Andrew

9th Jun 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why my pug when to the traders as i feel sorry for the cunt who buys it. 50k of ragged and been serviced once in it's life

Hopefully this guy you meet is just thick
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take some other people with you when you go look, as you dont want to be met with a group of people and then end up with your car stolen and yourself injured.
Colin

9th Jun 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think there will be many people that buy Evo 8 RS's that dont know what there worth tbh.

Possibly an idiot for buying one without researching the costs of ownership however if he cant afford to run it then im damn sure he cant aford to loose money in this way.

Must be something wrong with it!!!
P1CK4D

9th Jun 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An Evo 7 RS sell for about 10-13k depending on condition. So an 8 is easily worth £16k plus. Make sure its definatly an RS, the amount of people claim to be selling a RS not actually knowing what a RS is. If it is, then yeah, its worth double of yours.
Anty
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you check it over proply as im sure you dont want to buy a stolen car ..
John

9th Jun 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People wanting to swap cars almost always can't sell their own, especially if at first it seems it's worth more.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is he asian?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy who bought my TT I swapped cars with him plus cash my way.

He was interested in my TT and wanted to come see / buy it that weekend. After few phone calls I enquired as to what he'd be replacing or if was a second car and ended up part ex with his Golf.

I'd swap again but got to have the right feeling for the buyer / seller. Can tell alot from a few conversations if they know the score and are clued up etc.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
spikedjack

9th Jun 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i swapped cars with my last one, mine was worth ideally about 4k less than his, he just wanted rid, and didnt have the time to set about trying to get full value, i did full checks on it, had the wheels off and up on stands etc, me and 2 mates gave it a full going over, a hpi check etc, checked documents and receipts and all was fine...

turned out to be a bit of a win win, owned it for nearly 2 years now

Just be careful.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car swap help 24 database queries in 0.0107100 seconds