corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » in ear headphones for ipod -- have a budget of £50-£100

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author in ear headphones for ipod -- have a budget of £50-£100
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jun 10 at 05:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make your pick:
http://whathifi.com/Reviews/Accessories-Reviews/Headphones-Reviews/Rule-Price-51-100!1273/Rating/

Dom

15th Jun 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Just make your pick:
http://whathifi.com/Reviews/Accessories-Reviews/Headphones-Reviews/Rule-Price-51-100!1273/Rating/

Wouldn't really trust What HiFi reviews, your better off looking on the http://www.head-fi.org forums!
Look at Grado or Klipsch (Image X5 or S4, Custom 3) as well, SQ wise i've never found fault with both although the fitting on some of the Klipsch can be a bit hit or miss.

You look at a headphone amp and LOD setup for the iPod? Even using something cacky like a CMOY based amp will make huge improvements over the iPods standard headphone internals.

Rockbox and flac/alac everything might be worth doing, although you really need to a headphone amp to notice the difference.
bubble

15th Jun 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ones in my sig tbh
Mad Moe

15th Jun 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may have a set of Bang and Oulfsen A8's for sale if you are interested?
Dr Pepper

15th Jun 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gone for the shures guys - cheers for the advice ..... read a few reviews on them that made me want some - and I got them for £60.

lol at people saying £100 on headphones is madness..wonder how many of you have poured that down your throat or up your nose on a night out ...yet you wouldnt spend it on improving the music quality you get for the next few years?

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

15th Jun 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all relative though. I can get wasted on £10 if I bought a bottle of Vodka. Or I could go out and drink expensive stuff for £60. Both have the same outcome. It's finding a happy medium.
jamied

15th Jun 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

excellent headphones
Mad Moe

15th Jun 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamied
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

excellent headphones

They are indeed but the other half has just bought me a set Grado SR125i so dont really have the need for them anymore
Dom

15th Jun 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the B&O headphones like? Are they comparable to anything? Can't say i've ever dabled in B&O apart from demoing a pair BeoLab 5's which i thought were awful for the money.

Pepper - keep us posted on the Shure's, currently on a look out for something to replace my Klipsch Custom's
Dr Pepper

15th Jun 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
what are the B&O headphones like? Are they comparable to anything? Can't say i've ever dabled in B&O apart from demoing a pair BeoLab 5's which i thought were awful for the money.

Pepper - keep us posted on the Shure's, currently on a look out for something to replace my Klipsch Custom's

will do - should be here tomorrow
wwwNOOBcom

15th Jun 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pair £160 for my head phones and about to shell out another 300 for anoter set

If your into bass try looking for "Radius atomic bass" there rated very good for about 40 quid

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » in ear headphones for ipod -- have a budget of £50-£100 24 database queries in 0.0104139 seconds