corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project B a.k.a Sonic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project B a.k.a Sonic
JuegoVRS

User status: Offline
14th Jun 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is my little Corsa B project car, just to keep me occupied so i don't spend anymore money on my tweaked Fabia VRS lol

It's a 1litre Club in Arden Blue, genuine 63k on the clock (at time of writing, daily drive so will increase)

Interior has a few niggles and problems, passenger seat reclining cables have snapped so need to try and sort that, all the lights on the heater panel don't work and my top lcd screens don't work either. Are they related? It looks like someones tried to pull the LCD Screens bit out as one of the clips are broken. And my back bench top bit doesn't latch so probably best getting a new interior?

Car came with gash alloys as pictured below, but thanks to a fellow member it now has Corsa C SXi wheels in white, which tbh aren't greatly refurbed but anythings better than what was on it lol

Car also came with the tints and back box. Got a few bits needed, need new seatbelts as previous owners dog has chewed 4 of them and it needs a new passenger headlight as oddly the sidelight holder bit has melted and it also needs the bonnet pull sorted.

Sorted the radiator clips on Friday so it no longer leans on the manifold

Anyways pics, ignore the back end as the gash wheels were put straight in the boot after the SXI wheels were fitted

am4nf

15th Jun 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the feck is up with the front of it, thats not even standard
davieslim

15th Jun 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

juego looks as if someone stole the engine lol i hope it settled better after a bit

ill sort your headlight out this week, just u2u me a list of any bits you need and ill double check that there in good condition

also ditch the club and 12v badges
JuegoVRS

15th Jun 10 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The back end got pulled down with the weight of the shitty wheels lol

It's all fine and dandy and will take some more pics today
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 10 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad place to start from, not massively keen on the SXi's but like you say, they're better than what was on it.

You can get the latch thing out of the rear bench if you can squeeze your hand into the back of the bench behind the metal backing, it will come out but can be tricky getting it back in again as it has a big metal rod that goes from the latch to the button on the top and it's not very easy getting the rod back into the hole in the button

Still, if you can get the latch mechanism out then you can have a look at it, as it might be fixable with a bit of bending. The club interior is the best of all the models imo, and works well with the Arden Blue exterior

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
JuegoVRS

15th Jun 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i really like the interior, but the previous owner has spilled glue or something on the passengers seat and has ruined it as can't get it out

Might source another club interior, it all depends how the car gets on on friday at it's pre mot. Been told today by my works MOT Tester the seatbelts are a definate fail so need them asap!
Callum

17th Jun 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrappys should sell seatbelts cheap
JuegoVRS

19th Jun 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car was pre mot'd on friday and the come back bar the seatbelts, headlight and tiny spot of welding which i knew about

2 new springs required so need to do all 4 as it's opposite sides, 1 drivers rear 1 front passengers. Require original springs to start as need to put the stupid wheels back on for the MOT then it'll be SXi wheels refurbed and lowered 40mm

Also needs 2 rear wheel bearings and the rear brakes adjusted which the garage is going to do when they're doing the bearings

Not a bad result for an 11 year old car really
Daveskater
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a full set of standard B springs if you want them

U2u me if you're interested as I'll forget to check this thread

[Edited on 19-06-2010 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
JuegoVRS

19th Jun 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's cool mate got rears sorted just need fronts sorted, if you're willing to split?
JuegoVRS

25th Jun 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few wee updates but no pics, I replaced both rear springs yesterday then Davie Slim kindly fitted all my replacement seatbelts and finally I got a useable passengers headlight off him aswell so I'm happy that the cars almost complete for it's mot

De badged the doors the other day and it looks alot better. Just need rear bearings done which will be done by slim and I still need to source front springs. Trying my hardest and turning up nothing Can someone please help me out!? The amount of lowered cars on here someone must be able to help
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jun 10 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate I can send you just the fronts, they've been sat in the garage for ages and could do with getting them out the way. I don't even own a B any more

Not sure how much postage will be though, will have to try and weigh them up and I'll let you know.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
JuegoVRS

29th Jun 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to source a spring mate. Thanks anyways
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Jun 10 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
JuegoVRS

3rd Jul 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well rear wheel bearings arrived on Friday morning so just awaiting my spring now and cars MOT ready

Can't wait to get it done so i can get the Fabia back off my fiancee and get it sold
JuegoVRS

12th Jul 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the car finally MOT ready

But sadly little Sonic is going up for sale after his MOT. My Fiancee doesn't like driving him and has asked me to sell it

Will come with the SXi wheels and the 5 spoke ugly things as the SXi wheels need new tyres and a refurb

MOT in 2 weeks time so definately a pass anyways
JuegoVRS

3rd Oct 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we sold Sonic at the start of August, he's gone to a good home and i miss it but my mrs doesn't lol

Thanks for reading

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project B a.k.a Sonic 25 database queries in 0.0122499 seconds