corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Exchange rate question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exchange rate question
mattk

User status: Offline
25th Jun 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and a mate have both put £700 onto a thompson money card, its a master card that you load with euros to save taking aload of cash we are taking £400 cash too

I got 1.185 as exchange so for my £700 i got E829

I needed to set a PIN on the card so I went to a YB cash machine to set the PIN, checked the ballance and it says I have £683 :s

Im not thinking its a con or anything, Im just curious as to why I dont have £700?

is it because the card currently has euros on it and the cash machine is changing it back to pounds at a much worse rate than I have bought them from thompson?
Tommy L

25th Jun 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cash machine in the UK won't show a balance in Euros.

Could be exchange rate is worse or maybe been charged for doing this (putting money on the card)?

[Edited on 25-06-2010 by Tommy L]
mattk

25th Jun 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was no charge putting the money on the card, I know its all ok because 3 of the lads Im going with this year used them last year

Im thinking its the buy back rate, If I got £700 worth of euros from the travel agent and then gave them straight back I wouldnt get £700 for them, they buy back at a much lower rate

the hotel we are staying in has been ranked 142nd out of 142 in malia with a history of break ins, Im taking as little cash as poss
Root

25th Jun 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
there was no charge putting the money on the card, I know its all ok because 3 of the lads Im going with this year used them last year

Im thinking its the buy back rate, If I got £700 worth of euros from the travel agent and then gave them straight back I wouldnt get £700 for them, they buy back at a much lower rate

the hotel we are staying in has been ranked 142nd out of 142 in malia with a history of break ins, Im taking as little cash as poss
Tommy L

25th Jun 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What hotel is that?

It's either buy back rate or todays exchange rate.
mattk

25th Jun 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember what its called, the lad that organised this one is banned from organising now, he organised magaluf last year and we ended up in bunk beds, fucking clown
whitter45

25th Jun 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
me and a mate have both put £700 onto a thompson money card, its a master card that you load with euros to save taking aload of cash we are taking £400 cash too

I got 1.185 as exchange so for my £700 i got E829

I needed to set a PIN on the card so I went to a YB cash machine to set the PIN, checked the ballance and it says I have £683 :s

Im not thinking its a con or anything, Im just curious as to why I dont have £700?

is it because the card currently has euros on it and the cash machine is changing it back to pounds at a much worse rate than I have bought them from thompson?

not sure how they work as i thought you couldnt display your balance at the ATM

We took one to the states and the only way to check the balance was via Text

[Edited on 25-06-2010 by whitter45]
whitter45

25th Jun 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the way it was the bestthing we did taking that card

So easy for paying for stuff - saves using travellers checks

Bare in mind you may be requested for ID when using this as the card will not have your name on it
Fro

25th Jun 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be the shit rate at the cash machine.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Exchange rate question 23 database queries in 0.0093329 seconds