corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Best way to go about a last minute holiday

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best way to go about a last minute holiday
Mobby

User status: Offline
30th Jun 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing this to be a place full of answers i thought i would ask you guys

Trying to get a cheap holiday for me and the missus and she has a week off at the end of july.

trying to get a last minute holiday. can anyone fill me in with the in's and outs do and dont's

any suggestions on where to go would be good too

cheers
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jun 10 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

travelzoo.com (or .co.uk, not sure)
icelolly

these two are good places to start... gave me an idea of what resorts were popular and had deals on. I tried the big names, first choice and the like and they were all much more expensive than other places...

I booked through a company I found on Icelolly, but to be honest, if I did it again, i'd find a decent hotel with a deal on and book direct with the hotel and book the flight seperately...

I did find something interesting about the whole ATOL protected jazz.... Basically as I understand it, if the flight is a charter flight (or you fly with a charter airline, not sure exactly the situation) you are covered, however if you fly with ryanair etc. you are bound by their terms and conditions are are not necessarily covered by any ATOL protection.... I always thought the whole package was protected, but it appears not.... All the big names are ATOL protected due to the charter flight aspect I imagine.... Anyway the purpose of saying that is that if the charter airline is protected, I would just book seperately and use a charter airline (unless i've got the wrong idea completely?!) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Mase

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Best way to go about a last minute holiday 24 database queries in 0.1173379 seconds