corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Took the Corsa out for some photos!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Took the Corsa out for some photos!
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
8th Jul 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from personal experience with fitting x16xe conversions and them smoking and going bang and then fitting another i would get a Z20 LET for it

i spent a fortune on 2 x16xe's and rebuilding them for them never to be just quite right and regret not sticking a turbo in it

Looks reallg good now though, just a few tiny little tweaks and will be spot on

like the black lower grill personally

underside of bonnet could do with a good clean and polish aswell

you got any interior shots of it?
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Jul 10 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a_j_mair, I can understand where you're coming from yeah. The only problem is that its my daily drive still. I had to sell my 106 runaround in the end because I couldnt afford to run it As of September I'll be doing a lot more miles as I'll be travelling to uni as well as work so I need it to be reliable. I'm only 19 though so I don't think I'd have a chance of insuring a z20 let the 1.6 cost me a bomb to insure as it is lol.

heres an old pic of the interior for you. Since then all the grey plastics have been changed for black

a_j_mair

8th Jul 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black carpet is well worth it, i bought one brand new from vauxhall, wasnt cheap but transformed the interior.

Have you been approached about any features yet?

A tidy up of interior - new stearing wheel, gear knob, handbrake, dial rings, some subtle pedals maybe and you would be on to a sure fire winner

as for seats i am never sure on bucket seats, i had some recliners with the back stripped out but i reckon yours would look great with just standard seats, maybe a retrim but top marks for effort so far
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Jul 10 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black carpet is definitely on the cards yeah! Its the only thing that gives away its merit spec lol.

Not had any interest for a feature mate. Once I've got the inside how I want it I'll probably send a few emails to see if theres are interest. The current plans are to lose my back seats, parcel shelf and sub to make way for a false floor, white rear cage and strut brace. I also fancy another white speedline to have as a spare, I reckon that would look quite cool I finally managed to save enough for the cage but now the engine needs sorting the money is having to go into that. Ahh well I'll get it sorted eventually

Not too sure what to do about seats though. I love the looks of buckets with harnesses but I don't think I could live with them everyday
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Jul 10 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the feeling on the x16's

I had my gsi rebuilt with new rings and stem seals etc and it still drank oil and smoked like a trooper

What about a 1.8 conversion, same fuel eco and maybe not too much more to insure?

Newer and more reliable

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Jul 10 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it had crossed my mind Gav yeah. The thing is though I spend a fair amount of cash tuning the 1.6 on things like the inlet, manifold, roose hoses etc which I wouldn't be able to use on a different engine so I'm going to stick with the x16

The 1.6 is plenty quick enough for me at the minute though. I'm not really a fast driver to be honest. It suits me fine pottering about work etc and then having the power to have a play when I fancy it
andys sxi
Premium Member

8th Jul 10 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like this car everything has been done properly one of my favourites on here

April 08 feature car

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Took the Corsa out for some photos! 24 database queries in 0.0119669 seconds