corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Brace work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brace work
Scotty C

User status: Offline
10th Jul 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had alot of work done at the dentist when I was younger (10 teeth out in total)

But sinse my top teeth have moved ever so slighty and it pisses me off. So I rang the Orthodontist just to get a ROUGH price on a retainer, just to move them back into the orignal posistion. But she said I would need to book an appointment and it'd be £85 And she couldn't see that I just wanted a rough price; from - to to see if I could justify spending the money, and still she said I need an appointment!

So, my question is, has anyone ever got a retainer and had to pay for it? if so, how much was it?

Thanks
Matt L

10th Jul 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a replacement retainer for me is £120 (thats for top and bottom) so 60 each if you only need one .

not sure if thats just because they did all the work before and have all the moulds they'd need in order to replace it.
Scotty C

10th Jul 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's cheap, but i'm guessing i'll need the mould etc
sand-eel

10th Jul 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it through the NHS, there are no guarentees they will accept as your teeth might not be bad enough.
Scotty C

10th Jul 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I wont it done, surely that's enough?!

They're not that bad tbh, but it's the only thing I hate about myself...
Matt L

10th Jul 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Do it through the NHS, there are no guarentees they will accept as your teeth might not be bad enough.

the place i went only accepted up to 18yo for nhs patients, not sure what other places are like but anyone who started treatment post 18 had to pay/pay towards it.

[Edited on 10-07-2010 by Matt L]
Scotty C

10th Jul 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've come to the fact i'll have to pay. And I will pay a few quid for it. But I just don't wanna waste £85 to find out it'll cost £400/£500.
ashleh

10th Jul 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had braces for 7 years, I used to fucking hate them but now it's probably the best thing I'd ever done for myself.
I did get it free through NHS but still, teeth gotta last you forever so keeping them nice is a priority imo.
ssj_kakarot

10th Jul 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would hazard a guess it would cost you a couple of hundred tbh.

i mean it cost me £50 just for a tiny cap on the end of my front tooth when it got knocked out.

when i was enquiring about braces (one tooth is out of line nothing major at all) the NHS wouldnt take me and my dentist wanted £1500 to do it :/

given the fact im a full time student this was slightly over the top lol

I think even if the NHS do take you on they only pay some of the cost now, or they only pay for it fully if the teeth will cause you a medical problem i.e not just for asthetic reasons.

bit shit really.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jul 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Private dentistry is the biggest scam going

[Edited on 10-07-2010 by Steve]
Nath

10th Jul 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ashleh
I had braces for 7 years, I used to fucking hate them but now it's probably the best thing I'd ever done for myself.
I did get it free through NHS but still, teeth gotta last you forever so keeping them nice is a priority imo.

Very much this.
Chris x

10th Jul 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girlfriends Mum had her top teeth done, she had a train track. I no for a fact they were no less than £1k.
AlunJ

10th Jul 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had braces... looked lovely when they were done... now they look just as bad as before I started having them done
lostboy
Banned

10th Jul 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this why you call yourself Monster?
ashleh

10th Jul 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
Is this why you call yourself Monster?

chloe16v

10th Jul 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister had white braces fitted, i know they cost her around the 2k and that was about 7 years ago at least
Scotty C

11th Jul 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lostboy

Some of the prices are stupid :I

I'd pay a couple of hundred...
Tommy L

11th Jul 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh i think they won't just give/fit you with a retainer.

A friend of mine had braces fitted a few years ago (twenty something years old) and cost her over £2k. Best 2k she ever spent.

Fortunately i had them when i was 15/16 and so glad i got them. But they were free for me then

As for NHS I don't know how true this is or true at all but I heard you could say you're depressed about your teeth to NHS and get it done that way I'm sure i heard that or maybe it was boob jobs, low self esteem.
G_Man

11th Jul 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them for about 4 years when I was still in school, and since been specifically told I was complete with the treatment and I no longer had to wear my retainer, my teeth have moved allover now, and im pretty unhappy with them.

Went back to see about gettin them done, paid the 75quid to see the orthodontist, only to be sat there for 10mins, and receive a quote of £2800. I really want them doing but I just can not afford that kind of money. I did tell him about when I stopped wearing my retainer, which he told me to do, and he denied that completely sayikng he never tells patients to stop wearing them. I know a lot of people who went to the same guy at the same time I had mine on, and they were all told to stop wearing it also, just unfortunate mine are the only ones that have carried on moving. So I complained and managed to get my 75quid back.....
Tommy L

11th Jul 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never wore my retainer after getting my braces off and my teeth have been fine and not moved in the 6 years after having them off, touch wood.
Scotty C

11th Jul 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucks sake. I ain't paying £1000's!!! How can they justify that they cost that much?!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Brace work 23 database queries in 0.0996451 seconds