corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alton towers, bit of advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alton towers, bit of advice
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
19th Jul 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt know where to put this tbh so its hear

Basically never been to alton towers as its quite a treck form me but planning to go in 2 weeks time in august.

Can someone tell me who goes alot what sort of times ill be waiting to get on rides, i did ring them and they said no longer then 2 hours in peak times, which i thought was quite quick considering, or are they feeding me bullshit.

mattk

19th Jul 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your going to a theme park in the middle of august while the schools are off, If your taking your kids great

If not Id wait till they all go back to school...
Mattb

19th Jul 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the summer holidays expect to wait a few hours in a que - not worth it!

Pic a random wednesday when the Kids are at school - you will have free reign of the park to be honest. Last time me and the mrs did this we did nemesis about 11 times in a row, just got off, walked round the que area and jumped straight back on!
Dom

19th Jul 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the matt's have said, you've picked a bit of a wank time to go with it being the school holiday
andyc1234

19th Jul 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just jump on the single rider que. sorted
SXI - Matt

19th Jul 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
just jump on the single rider que. sorted

2nd that 13 was 2 hours wait me and my 4 friends who went went on the single riders as didnt mind going on on our own no joke walke past every one to the front waited about 2 minutes and we all got on together to fill a kart was a result so did it all day some it happened on again some not deff worth doing
CORSA NUT

19th Jul 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best advice i could give after going most of my life is book yourself into the on site hotel

You get to go in at 8 and the park opens at 10 so you get to go on pretty much all the top rides before everyone else rams in then you can just stroll around for the rest of the day and take in the rest of the park.
Cavey

19th Jul 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the fast track thing at the front, costs a bit more, but it's well worth it, obviously make sure it's for the rides you wanna go on!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt want to queue for any rides in alton towers they just arnt worth it
bubble

19th Jul 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get fastrack-just go in the week.

tbh, it is shit now.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they not do those little queue jumper tickets anymore?
Bullet Proof SRi

19th Jul 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh im going again in october anyway, ive done thorpe park soo many times now and fancy a change.

we are only planning to go in august for a family day out really , no kids, just grown ups, dont mind waiting 2 hours for a ride, ive done it before, as long as its no longer then that.

Went to thorpe park on a halloween night, nemisis was a 4 hour wait come the afternoon
nick_sri

19th Jul 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id get there quite a while before it opens , get in and run to the ride you want to get on first

usualy end up heading to nemesis first then air etc after and the ques shoudlnt be that bad.
nathy_87

19th Jul 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Bullet Proof SRi - If you need a B&B approx 20 mins from Alton Towers u2u me. .

Yeah as everyone is saying go during the week, I've waitied 1hr 1/2 for one ride before, well it says that but doesn't feel like it.
Bullet Proof SRi

23rd Jul 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, but as said i just wanted to know if they were being honest about queue times as i expected times of 3 hrs +
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jul 10 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Proof SRi
cheers guys, but as said i just wanted to know if they were being honest about queue times as i expected times of 3 hrs +

I went midweek when the kids were at school and i qued 1 1/2 - 2 hours on some rides so yes you'll be quing for that long and not worth it imo
Twitch

23rd Jul 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them you have tourette's and that you have problems with standing in lines and you'll get to go straight thought everytime. got a mate with you? He's now your carer
Also dont go on 13 unless is a really small line cause its wank....
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jul 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
Tell them you have tourette's and that you have problems with standing in lines and you'll get to go straight thought everytime. got a mate with you? He's now your carer
Also dont go on 13 unless is a really small line cause its wank....

True.

It was closed when we went. We heard of someone who worked there that it may open in the next half hour so we waited about and it opened in 10mins. Bonus. Straight to the front!

WOuldnt have wanted to que for it though. It litterly takes 5 mins to walk the que path its that long

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alton towers, bit of advice 23 database queries in 0.0146959 seconds