corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting ready for TVL(brembo discs on)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting ready for TVL(brembo discs on)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   24th Jul 10 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to cart bumblebee off to my local garage this morning, cv boot clamps they fitted had ping'd off (probs the burnouts i did @ santapod) and my gearlinkage needs re-aligning and also a new nylon bush as i popped it out and lost it (again santapod injuries from changing 3rd to 2nd by accident racing a turbo nova)........still have no idea how i drove home from pvs

iv got some GTE discs and calipers on there but might change the discs while its in, any suggestions for an upgrade??? all depends on next weeks pay packet, may splurge a bit

dont know what the sizes are for GTE discs and have never measured them if im honest

was pretty funny only having 3rd gear my dad was behind me in his company mondeo derv box, still managed to pull away only in 3rd gear @ 90 lol

thank god the drive was only 5mins and 1 roundabout away, still should all be ready for total vaux live in 2 weeks time, thank christ iv got a few saturdays off now to drop it off and pick it, new job just takes all my spare time these days, cant wait for my first track sesh!

[Edited on 06-08-2010 by SteveoBC]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all fun and games

I'm guessing the brakes are Astra GTE? If so the discs will be 256x24mm, I've only ever used standard discs so that's as far as I can go advice wise.

I'm just about to set off to our unit to hopefully get my polybushes fitted. I started last weekend but got nowhere due to having the wrong tie bar mount bushes, hopefully this week will be somewhat more productive
FAZ
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget the oil!!!!

Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I'm just about to set off to our unit to get my XE fitted.
About time

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Mike
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't you start! I get enough of that from the NWNW lot without you starting too

Anyway, 1.2 track cars are the future
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it's more challenging

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Cole

24th Jul 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got shit loads to do refurb my wheels get my bumper painted new boost control solenoid full service clean it all good fun though
Mike
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I suppose it's more challenging

You've gotta be on it permanently which is why it's such fun. I've known every time I've been out on track that on paper mine is the slowest car there and yes, quite a bit of the time it does show but it's great how much you can surprise yourself when you pass what on paper is a faster, better handling car with a similar level experience driver.

Anyway, track control arm bushes fitted and feeling great, hopefully get the rear beam ones done next weekend then we'll be good to go
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine that can make it quite interesting passing better cars knowing the spec of yours compared to theirs

My car won't look any different at this show to the last one Actually saying that, I did Hammerite the brake callipers whilst they were on the car so they look a bit fresher (until you get close )

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Mike
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It can be priceless when they find out the spec of mine after being passed too, Fonz nearly dropped through the floor when I told him it was a 1.2 not the 1.6 he thought, I actually felt slightly harsh telling him
SteveoBC
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
dont forget the oil!!!!

yeh it's brimmed, still ticks a bit tho, ohwell
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet he was a bit gutted.

In some ways I suppose driving a smaller engined car can be more fun as, like you say, you have to push it harder all of the time.

I'll buy a 12v and we can race

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Mike
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a bloke that used to race 2cvs that put me onto this theory too, he's also had a few porches that he's tracked but insists they aren't as fun and nowhere near as exhilerating

[Edited on 24-07-2010 by Mike B]
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars with little power can be great funny, you don't really need to brake and just try and keep the momentum going.

I've got to try and fine tune my carbs, fit my strut braces, and RARB, and I'm ready

I may even get a drum of race fuel, for that little bit extra
Mike
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up fitting my rear beam polybushes today instead, then on the way home happened upon what I'm fairly sure was a Mazda 3 MPS, he was quite obviously on it so I followed suit. Didn't have a cat in hells chance but I kept on it and ended up getting a thumbs up for my efforts once I'd caught up with him again They shift a bit them MPSs tho
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a little go with a 330ci last night, but he lifted off in 3rd
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got bumblebee back yesterday, linkage all done and fixed with a new bush and cv boot clamps back on, but my local place wanted a bit too much to fit discs so i had half a day booked off today so fitted em myself

levels all checked, brakes bled and topped up and tappets have decided to go quiet after a spirited test drive- result!

track car and the daily driver bimmer

time for some proper brakes

mmmm

bosh! done! (yes i remembered the metal clip)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting ready for TVL(brembo discs on) 24 database queries in 0.0106759 seconds