corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car audio

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car audio
oceansoul

User status: Offline
5th Aug 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm waiting for someone to tell me they've run 0AWG wire through their car to cope with the HUGE amount of power that their amp is pulling...

I would but im not american. I ran 50mm^2 cable though

EDIT: I ran no cable. Just making a point.
Dom

5th Aug 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars are one of the worst environments for audio. You end up spending a ridiculous amount on sound proofing just to get some mediocre sound stage then spend a similar amount of cash on gear to find that it's pretty much nie impossible to get something that sounds decent. Only solution i found was to introduce delays on each channel (homebrewed DSPs boards) to create/position a 'sweet' spot but then it's limited to one person in the car and outside this 'sweet' spot it sounds dog rough.
Bottom line (and what i learnt), for the thousands you spend on getting a mediocre system in your car you can treat a room in your house and get a HiFi setup that is simply stunning to listen to.

As for the 16x9s, they'll cause you more headaches than it's worth. Best solution is to build them sealed boxes to go in and even then they still sound a bit cack (IIRC, Richie off here also did the same and i don't think he got decent results either).

Edit - Oh and my current ICE is a MP77 headunit and standard speakers. Only reason for the change of HU from factory was so i can use my ipod. It still sounds pants though.

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by Dom]
Jamxe

5th Aug 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This

with Infinity front components (no pics,ops)

and these in the boot..Nothing fancy, just tidy..Love the quality..

Bought these for the rear but havn't fitted them yet..

Dan H

6th Aug 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a ripspeed dvd hu, 2 12" jbl gto limited edition subs in an enclosee fli box with a unknown amp make and a set of unknown 6x9s and standard front speakers which need upgrading
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Factory Bose for me

Or nothing atall

Depends on if i'm in my Mazda or Corsa
Daimo B

6th Aug 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x2 15" cerwin Vegas
x2 sets of comps (Kicker and Pioneer Dual mags I think)
x2 amps, one was 700w RMS!!!! I needed two though (one for each sub), but at £700 each, sod that.

still made 144.9db, but I think it could have done more as I only entered one sound off jsut to see what it could do. Then used the totally wrong CD

Which mapped out to be

corb

6th Aug 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm waiting for someone to tell me they've run 0AWG wire through their car to cope with the HUGE amount of power that their amp is pulling...

I had 0awg for my audio, infact still have to save re-running the cable now the battery is in the boot. I could've told you my reasoning for it at the time with wattage per metre of various size cables depending on what you were trying to power but lost interest in all that and have long since forgotten!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car audio 23 database queries in 0.0093820 seconds