corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Triathlons

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Triathlons
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 10 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone done one?

My life lacks focus so a couple of good mates fo mine have coersed me into training for a triathlon, with the aim of competing April/May 2011. I've always fancied it but never had the motivation, but now I'm single, got nothing to hold me back or make me fat! I've lost my comfort belly (about 1st 10lbs); so have dropped to a healthier BMI.

They're semi-pro so I don't stand a chance of keeping up but they're putting together a training and diet plan for me. I'm guessing stamina is key; low body fat and working mainly on cardio rather than pure weights.
They're talking about a 5day plan; 2 sessions running/weight training, 1/2 sessions cycling and 1/2 sessions swimming but are putting something together for me.

Anyone got any experience?
Nath

2nd Aug 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my mates has done a couple.

He just did 5km swim, 40km cycle, and 10km run. Took 3 hours and he trained for a good few months beforehand. Not something I could do as I can't swim very well.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Aug 10 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my stamina on a bike is okay; would need to really work on distance running as I've always been more of a short distance sprinter but my swimming stamina is hopeless, thats where I'll fall down. But looking at 6/7months training so should be able to get somewhere in that time if I stick to it!!!
Laney

2nd Aug 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done one as yet but planning to do a half-distance in the not too distant future

Not swimming in a pool is gonna be the tricky bit for me plus the obvious transitions.

Only one way to find out, plus if your mates are semi-pro you've got access to good info

Good luck mate!
Ben J

2nd Aug 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've marshalled on several on the swim section. That count????

[Edited on 02-08-2010 by Ben J]
richardworrall
Premium Member

2nd Aug 10 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates just done one in Austria, 3 km swim, 100 mile bike and a 26.2m run, almost 14 hours!!!!
Laney

2nd Aug 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
my mates just done one in Austria, 3 km swim, 100 mile bike and a 26.2m run, almost 14 hours!!!!

Ironman?
Nath

2nd Aug 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats Ironman for sure!
richardworrall
Premium Member

2nd Aug 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall

Ironman?

sorry yeah.

this is the one he did http://ironman.com/events/ironman/austria/?show=about#axzz0vUDMQpOy

and this is the link to his blog of the race day: http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70585&start=0

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Triathlons 24 database queries in 0.0134571 seconds