corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP C20xe Corsa uneven idle ????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP C20xe Corsa uneven idle ????
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Aug 10 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa runs fine when it's moving but when I dip the clutch the revs drop and it seems like it's going to stall but revs itself and it doenst stall and when I'm sat at the traffic lights it starts to stall then revs itself but it keeps doing it any ideas please ?????
Scotty C

4th Aug 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV, TPS?
Robo C20Let

4th Aug 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolant Sensor
Idle control valve would be my guess give it a good clean
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive adjusted the tps as it was missing at about 3500rpm its fine now though just the idle thats off how do i get to the icv ive been told there a pig to get to :s
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics ?? how to get it off?
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are a bit of a pig because the engine bay is pretty tight. You'll need to jack it up and remove it by the inlet manifold.
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so jack t up at the front and then is it to the lefr or right of the inlet manifold ? sorry i havnt got a clue
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pipe that runs from the ecotec pipe runs down under the inlet manifold and onto one end of the ICV. The other end of the ICV is linked to the bottom of the inlet manifold with a short rubber pipe.
As you look up at the engine it is to the back of the engine and central. In between the starter motor and alternator.
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok how long do you think it would take me seeing as ive never done it before lol oh and might sound stupid whats it look like
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking for a pic now, I lost all the pics on my HD when I had to reinstall windows
It is a chunky little L shape of metal.

If you need a hand with it you could come down here sometime.
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should only take 30 mins really. May take you an hour as it is fiddly to get at with tools.
Make sure the engine is cool when you do it though or you'll know about it.
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh im a bit numb when it comes to stuff like this are they alot to replace or are they cheap i may buy a new one and fit that then clean the other one as a spare. Windows what a joke lol ive had loads of my stuff vanish ! i might just take you up on that lol thanks
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ill let it cool down for a while ha ha ive burnt myself a few times already lol is it clipped on with jubilee clips ?
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Genuine Bosch ones are big bucks, I bought a new non genuine one off ebay for £25. It idled at 1,500rpm.

Remove it, Clean it up with some carb cleaner. I usually leave it to soak for 10-15 mins then blow it out with an air guns, Then spray some oil in there to lubricate it. drop a bit of engine oil in if you like.
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ill clean this one then lol would a hairdryer be any good for cleaning it out
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leave it to soak in then tip it up and leave it to drain out for 10 mins or so.

This is what it looks like.
ICV
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome so its just jubilee clips that hold it on ?
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes should be. 2 hoses are connected to it with jubilee clips and a wiring plug at the back of it.
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds easy enough lol watch this space ha ha ill have a bash next tuesday on my day off i think thanks for all the advice been a massive help

New Poll