corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » First mix... C&C really appreciated!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First mix... C&C really appreciated!
kz

User status: Offline
11th Aug 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys...

Started mucking around with an old mixer I had a few weeks ago and have just invested in a Numark Omni Control, can finally record stuff with it. This is my first ever attempt at a mix, so I appreciate it's probably gonna sound shit I think on playback I can hear I need more experience with bass levels etc. but hopefully I'm going along the right path here. Seriously, any comments or criticism, no matter how harsh, will be taken into consideration. And of course any general tips you might be able to give me that's you've learnt since you started out yourself.

Also, I'm aware the final track is awful quality for some reason ops: thanks for reading/listening...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIWYXJU3

Total Science (feat. Riya) - Redlines
Grafix - I Must Say
Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (High Contrast Remix)
Druid - The Power
Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down
kz

13th Aug 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aww... come on someone must like the liquid dnb!
beccyhedge

13th Aug 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for first attempt its a good effort. you know which song to slow down speed up during the mix when the beats start to go out. what aids do you have?
kz

13th Aug 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is what I'm using...

With Virtual DJ. Thing is I cheat really, even though the tracks were less than 1 BPM out from each other, I just hit sync straight away before I start playing the track so they're matched in that sense. Then que it up... if it's out I either nudge it or start again. Really should use the pitch I know, doing it a bit back wards really!
Wrighty

13th Aug 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play for having a go mate, dont cheat yourself by cheating with the sync button for too long though...theres no skill in that

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » First mix... C&C really appreciated! 23 database queries in 0.0097811 seconds