corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » best mistakes made in your favour

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author best mistakes made in your favour
davcohen

User status: Offline
15th Aug 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was working for a company which I wont name but they offer you like a break between 3 months to 5 years where by your still technically employed by the company but dont have a job

I took them up on this offer as i wanted to do a road trip around america, as with anyone I check my bank account often only to find out that for the last few days into the new month some how I was paid for an entire month. I was like wow more spending money.

only to discover they carried on paying me for another 2-3 months, funny thing is they were paying me like £100 more per month then when I was actually working there.

as great as that sounds I must have been cheated out of close to that figure of unpaid overtime which no one seemed to care about so I more or less called it even

Going onto to tesco's............. I cant even start to list the amount I have made out of them, its not even funny
Jamie Walby

15th Aug 10 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Fuck off Jamie.

I remember bazza being told he could take anything he wanted as they thought the loft was clear of anything needed or wanted. That just comes down to a case of whether he's a decent guy/ the family aren't wankers. You sat up on your high horse telling him how much of a prick he was for doing it, regardless of whether it was a wind up or not. What you're doing is practically stealing - when you get stuff delivered it's instead of picking it up yourself. If you went down to the place to get your filters and they gave you two in a bag instead of just the one you paid for you're committing more of a crime than the very pikey you were ripping apart.

[Edited on 14-08-2010 by alan-g-w]

I don't even remember the thread u are talkin about, I was probably banned at the rime. I just wanted to wind u up
alan-g-w

15th Aug 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound.

One of these kind of happened to me yesterday. Got the girlfriend an Amore and Baci charm bead bracelet for Christmas 09 - it's a quite thick sterling bracelet with these charms you need to feed on while the clasp's undone. It was her birthday yesterday so I got her another couple of beads to put on it - one the same make and the other a Pandora one. The Amore one went on no bother but you need to screw the Pandora one on - the very end part of the bracelet has almost an acme thread on it. I gave her her gifts, she's all excited about the charms and the Pandora one wouldn't screw one. Basically the thread on the original bracelet must have been fucked in production since it wasn't formed properly - took it back to the shop I got it from and they swapped the 8.5 month old kind of dull one for a brand new shiney number not really a mistake on anyone's part but a mistake by the jewellers quality control department!
JaffaTB

15th Aug 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that just reminded me of when i did a weeks work for an agency and they paid me for 2 weeks
danward

15th Aug 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An agency I worked for accidentally paid me someone elses wages the week after I left, they contacted me once but never pursued it!
Cosmo

15th Aug 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fuck off Jamie.

I remember bazza being told he could take anything he wanted as they thought the loft was clear of anything needed or wanted. That just comes down to a case of whether he's a decent guy/ the family aren't wankers. You sat up on your high horse telling him how much of a prick he was for doing it, regardless of whether it was a wind up or not. What you're doing is practically stealing - when you get stuff delivered it's instead of picking it up yourself. If you went down to the place to get your filters and they gave you two in a bag instead of just the one you paid for you're committing more of a crime than the very pikey you were ripping apart.

No he wasnt.

He was doing rewiring IIRC and said that he was doing it for mates rates as it was a family member, so when he found the picture and the cash he took it as they probably didnt even know it was there.
ShEp

15th Aug 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get paid weekly. 2 months ago i got my wageslip with normal wage. Also listed was 4 weeks holiday pay, so five weeks wages altogether. Still been getting my weekly wage so feck knows what happened lol

Ordered a gstar t-shirt off ebay and they sent it out, on the same day i recieved a pair of gstar jeans and a firetrap shirt in my size
DaveyLC

15th Aug 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is kind of the opposite

My mates (the guy I share the workshop with) dad picked up a Vauxhall Nova from one of his scrap ad's last week. and it was pretty clean so he phoned us up and by mistake asked him if we wanted an "old shape Corsa", to which we replied no so his old man took it down the scrap yard.

It had alloy wheels on which obviously get an extra fiver a corner so he though he'd check the boot to see if it had a spare alloy.. In the boot he found just onder £2,000 in change all bagged up in fabric bags! LUCKY BASTARD!

But the kick in the teeth is, if he would have said it was a Nova on the phone we would have had it lol!
alan-g-w

15th Aug 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Fuck off Jamie.

No he wasnt.

He was doing rewiring IIRC and said that he was doing it for mates rates as it was a family member, so when he found the picture and the cash he took it as they probably didnt even know it was there.

I'm not so sure, tried searching for the thread there but I can't even mind his proper username. Still, pot, kettle, black.
belton

15th Aug 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bank issued me with the wrong card that gives me a £50 overdraft by mistake. And I don't have to pay any fees when I go over. Last week I ordered some stuff from topman. I was working when it was meant to come so put a note saying can you put it through the left window. Got home nothing so called topman who issued a refund on the postage. Only to find the postman had put it through the right hand window
nick_sri

15th Aug 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Probably the 20+ Guitar Hero guitars I ordered and sold on ebay for tidy sums

i also ordered like 15 , was that through the insurance website?
JaffaTB

15th Aug 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is this guitar hero thing I keep hearing about?
nick_sri

15th Aug 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was an insurance place for the guitars , drums etc . you could use the a serial key to claim new ones and they sent them out to your house . then use the serial of the one that got sent to order another , i was selling em £30 for a full guitar still in the packet lol
Brett
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nick_sri
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Probably the 20+ Guitar Hero guitars I ordered and sold on ebay for tidy sums

i also ordered like 15 , was that through the insurance website?

Well, it was the Activision warranty website or whatever, yeah. Was a great scam at the time, and it all started with Joe sending me a serial number
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didn't even need a serial number did you? I never used one anyway, just selected a certain option
SnK

15th Aug 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had anything like this happen to me I'm not very lucky..

only thing i get is when i go to gym or swimming i pull open all the lockers and find the odd £1 pays for my sweeties!

[Edited on 15-08-2010 by SnK]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was due to start a higher apprenticeship at airbus on 10k a year, they rang a week before and said i'd have to go on the lower because i didnt have A levels so it was 7k

which i turned down

2 weeks later they paid me £400
Sam
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few things from Debenhams and each item was less than the ticket prices (they did have a sale on but the items weren't marked down any more)?

DHL (who I used to work for) paid me a whole month's wages even though I wasn't working for them any more. They made me pay it back though.
Recaro1

16th Aug 10 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a mobile over the phone once and they charged me £1.49 instead of £149. Unfortunately they realised 4 months later.

Had a few c0ck ups with pay at work which have been in my favour - the odd extra day, shift allowance when i wasnt on shift, etc.

Nothing really amazing - finding the odd pound in a locker at the gym is normally as good as it gets for me.
Cosmo

16th Aug 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Fuck off Jamie.

No he wasnt.

I'm not so sure, tried searching for the thread there but I can't even mind his proper username. Still, pot, kettle, black.

No thats definitely how it went.

And I agree, morally its very similar but not 100% as in the eyes of the law though one is theft and one isnt.
Jamie Walby

16th Aug 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a bit of fortune this morning. Ordered some SkullCandy headphones off Play.com last week. Had a choice of colours, went for white as they were £10 cheaper than the black ones...... got sent black ones pretty pleased as I was torn between the colours and my decision was based on price in the end!
SXIBLK

16th Aug 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was supposed to get a cheap shitty samsung on contract as i only was going to use my phone for work but instead they sent me a samsung jet as they came out.
JaffaTB

16th Aug 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate bought a thumpstar pitbike on finance, had to pay 80 quid deposit on the 800 quid bike, he ended up putting his old address on the form by accident and somehow he never had to pay the other 720
mattfiesta

16th Aug 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did a couple of weeks agency work last year and got paid for 4 weeks .
Corsa_Sport21

16th Aug 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
my mate bought a thumpstar pitbike on finance, had to pay 80 quid deposit on the 800 quid bike, he ended up putting his old address on the form by accident and somehow he never had to pay the other 720

He will still be due the money though.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » best mistakes made in your favour 23 database queries in 0.0150859 seconds