corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfrauds..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfrauds..
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
17th Aug 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they mix paint im not wanting rattle cans im after 1 litre tins im after some gloss black or piano black not really fussed just want to do my black faded dash & other bits that i come across

anyone work there or know the prices ?
Graham88

17th Aug 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be best going to a proper paint shop mate even if they did do it it'll probably be cheaper too
GTM

17th Aug 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do do it but like has been said probs better just going to a local paint shop.
craig8
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that dear, was around 15 quid a litre i think last time i bought some

E36 328
ash-ov-boro

17th Aug 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks lads will have a look around tomorrow for local paint places & i will pop in halfrauds too ...

been lookin on google but the delivery prices are shocking
corse-seth

17th Aug 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how expensive it is but there not allowed to mix up a flat colour so you would need a paint code or the name of the type of black u wanted
ash-ov-boro

17th Aug 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks corse-seth will have a look at some differnt blacks then
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 10 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of my local ones mix paint.
ash-ov-boro

17th Aug 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard a few people say they mix paint ..

im going to pop over to john daveys paints over cannon park tomorrow see what the prices are like in there its only a 2 minutes drive ive been on the site but it doesnt have much choice on there well i couldnt see no paint at all on the site

http://www.johndaveypaints.co.uk/home
belton

18th Aug 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't buy halfrauds paint. It's mixed by eye by the idiots that work there. I have brought two arden blues. One was carabic blue basically and the other was a matt navy blue. I would not bother
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
Don't buy halfrauds paint. It's mixed by eye by the idiots that work there. I have brought two arden blues. One was carabic blue basically and the other was a matt navy blue. I would not bother

It's not mixed by eye?

It's mixed by weight, where all the measurements are shown on a screen once the staff find the correct colour. From when I used to work there, personally I think more of thev problem is the base paints that are used to mix to make the final colour - I always found them to be different shades.
dan_m1les

18th Aug 10 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
Originally posted by belton

It's not mixed by eye?

It's mixed by weight, where all the measurements are shown on a screen once the staff find the correct colour. From when I used to work there, personally I think more of thev problem is the base paints that are used to mix to make the final colour - I always found them to be different shades.

They mix the paint at my local one and its all done by a machine, usually spot on!
Josh Ack
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to that john davey one fella, seems decent enough they got a match on my apache!
belton

18th Aug 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In mine it's say 1 part blue 2 parts green 3 parts red (example) they do it on a measuring stick
craig8
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

considering on the holt mixing scheme there are around 5 shades of each tinter and some of them you are lucky to be putting a few spots in at then mixing it by eye is nearly impossible, if the colour you make up from the weights isnt bang on and you know what you are doing you can make it slightly lighter or darker by eye but thats about it

E36 328

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfrauds.. 24 database queries in 0.1528561 seconds