corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Stupid geeky nobs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid geeky nobs
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Aug 10 at 03:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sqldrill.com/excel/general-mysql-discussion/998428-create-nested-sets-adjacency-list.html

Guys asks a question about converting from one form of hierarchical set model to another. Bearing in mind that this is in the 'General MYSQL Discussion' forum, one might expect that the answer would be for a MySQL database.

First guy tells him to search on the words 'nested sets mysql', which obviously he's done and then points him to an SQL Server resource, which isn't useful either.

Second guy tells him the fourth hit in Google will do it, when in fact it won't because its written for T-SQL and won't work.

If that didn't make me mad, the related thread reveals this one - http://www.sqldrill.com/excel/queries/623013-re-converting-adjacency-model-nested-set-model.html - in which some stupid Microsoft MVP asks -
quote:
Could you start us off by explaining what you mean by "adjacency model structure" and "nested set structure"?'
Well if you don't know, it's not your question to answer is it, dumb-ass. If someone asks how to remove the inlet manifold from an X16XE, I don't ask what is an inlet manifold or an X16XE, do I? MVP indeed.

Then this is the best bit. In an attempt to appear knowledgeable

quote:
Actually, both Access and SQL Server use an implementation of Structured Query Language and the model you read about in Joe's article could be implemented in either database. Both Access and SQL Server are relational database management systems, but Access is also designed as an application development tool.

That is MVP speak for 'I've no idea what you're trying to do or how to do it so I'll expand some acronyms and quote some text book crap for noobs in the hope that you are one and I sound clever.'

And you can hire her for $60 ph to fill you with that crap.

http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/

OMFG.

Geeks.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by Ian]
LeeM

User status: Offline
18th Aug 10 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian you should know by now that the Internet is full of experts. EVERYONE is an expert.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going mad here about this, do you want me to beat them up?
Cosmo

18th Aug 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The irony
danny_vx

18th Aug 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of that might aswell be in Japanese, i'd maybe understand more
jrsteeve

18th Aug 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's one poor ass website for someone supposedly so knowledgeable