corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.6 16v OEM+ (Built, not bought!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1.6 16v OEM+ (Built, not bought!)
Matt..

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I decided to leave the VAG scene after 3 years of various MK2 and 3 Golf GTi's, and come back to my roots, Vauxhall.

I found a nice little 1.6 16v Corsa Sport about 20 miles away from me in Star Silver with less than 72,000 on the clock on a 2000 V plate. Small ripple in the door and needing a tailgate. Clicked the buy it now and later that evening went to pick it up.

This is how it looked when I picked it up:

I liked it as it was, but I needed to make my own mark on it. While having the tracking sorted the next day, found out the rear is on FK coilovers, but the front was on 40mm springs.

Being into the VAG scene I have to have my cars low, so out came the rear adjusters and the rubber spring seat on the rear. That sat the car alot better although the front end was still way too high:

No pics of this mod on it's own (can see it in later pics of other mods), Picked up a brand new badgeless grille off a lad on Migweb, who just so happened to be from Lincoln himself! Grand sum of £8! Bargain Not the grille I really want but the chrome V grille was broken. Steinmetz grille to come soon!!

Next up got a bargain from a mate, his old Astra SXI 16's, 2 brand new Toyo Proxy T1R's on the front, just needed 2 new rears....So I got them fitted:

Needed a clean that afternoon so gave it a good going over and dressed the plastic trim:

So, with the front not being low enough I decided I would change the springs. Ideally I wanted 60mm Nova springs, but I could only get 40mm Nova springs. They will do for now. So this Saturday just gone I whipped off the front struts, stripped them down and gave the old springs away. Only to find out my mate who I was getting my new springs off had gone to Harrogate to deliver a MK1 Nova Snowplough front bumper. So it started getting a bit late, put the struts back together with no springs and it sat perfect, shame it was unsafe to leave it like that:

Also you may notice, I fitted a Tigra scuttle panel on Saturday as well!

So Sunday morning 09:45 I decided to get out of bed and strip it all down again, 10 mins later both struts were off and stripped. By 10:15 it had its nice new 40mm Nova springs fitted and was taken for a test drive. Beautiful, so after a quick wash I took a couple of pics to compare the height. Obviously as they were brand new springs they need to settle a bit but it's lower than it was...Just not low enough for my liking! The rear end has a perfect stance for me with a little camber:

So after 4 hours cleaning, I decided to fit my chrome Vectra door handles I picked up from the scrappy! 45mins later and they looked like this:

That concludes my past 3 weeks of owning my Corsa. Any comments good and bad, please feel free to air them here constructive critisism is always welcome!

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Matt..]
Ingham
Banned

23rd Aug 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite nice bud. Loving the wheels.
Fro

23rd Aug 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, very clean
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beautiful!

Really smart and clean car The SXi alloys are different on Star silver corsa's and they look wicked,especially slammed like that

Good start mate

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Matt..

23rd Aug 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments

I've always been one for shiney, silver wheels as they look sick when clean! I work in a mates bodyshop (Ultimate Car Care) after my day job so can get the door sorted myself etc.

Just need to sort out some more front springs and get my Steinmetz grille. Would really like some Depo's as well to compliment the grille and trim.
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea will look good with Depo's and new grill You get any pics of engine bay matey?

Matt..

23rd Aug 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet, just a standard looking 1.6 16v X16XE, with a twat filter (which is coming off when I get a new airbox), a matt black engine cover and a rusty slam panel

This is one of my previous MK3 Golf GTi's:

A couple of pics of one of my many previous MK2 Golf GTi's, this one was a 16v slammed on coilies and banded steels:

Enjoy!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That GTi's looww!!

12valver

23rd Aug 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks amazing , and looks like theres loads to come going by your old golfs ! Looks really clean, definately something for me to aspire to ...
Matt..

23rd Aug 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks bud. Trust me there will be alot more to come Need to get mine and the Mrs holiday out of the way first!
*JonnyG*

24th Aug 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh That Golf with 9inch dish.. Was my mate's Adi's.. That golf, was mint. Did you ever see his vento?

Also...

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by *JonnyG*]
Matt..

24th Aug 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adi ruined it like he does every car he touches.
*JonnyG*

24th Aug 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, so the cream was gay! but when it was on the BBS wheels.. they was SEX!
MarkSport

24th Aug 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interior chrom handles easy to fit?
Matt..

24th Aug 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
interior chrom handles easy to fit?

Yes dude, very easy
Matt..

28th Aug 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure whether to sell this or not now...
12valver

28th Aug 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How come? Looked to be coming on well, but then again couldnt blame you... Im tempted from time to time too...
Matt..

29th Aug 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a really nice SRi CDTi at a garage not far from me and think it would be a better all round car for myself.

Just not sure what mine's worth?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.6 16v OEM+ (Built, not bought!) 25 database queries in 0.1059291 seconds