corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Theiving bastards and useless police..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Theiving bastards and useless police..
craig8
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Aug 10 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a guy at my old work bought one of those 6x4 foot metal bike sheds with an alarm on it and swears by it, we made him up a ground anchor with half inch steel plate to go inside it and thing is going nowhere, a normal shed has pretty much no security

E36 328
3CorsaMeal

31st Aug 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only way to make yourself feel better is go out and commit a crime
RichR
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a professional triathlete in my village who has had his garden shed broken into 3 times now; each time nicking his TT bike and training bike so a total of maybe £4,000 a time, possibly more. Even though he bought a new shed, reinforced the locks and chained the bikes up inside - the alst time he was broken into - they took the shed roof off to get inside as opposed to breaking in through the door!!!
craig8
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its mental o think people will keep that much expensive stuff in a wooden shed, for that kind of expense buy a proper bike shed for about 800 with an alarm and no one is getting in there without making noise

E36 328
DaveyLC

31st Aug 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
the only way to make yourself feel better is go out and commit a crime

Anyone got a sack of quick lime and a JCB?
RichR
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He had an alarm fitted btu it only went off upon opening the door; they either knew this or it was an inside job because the unbolted the metal roof and removed it to get inside and take the bikes!!! Mental the lengths people will go to
craig8
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i could remember the name of the company that made it, it all bolted together on the inside so you couldnt see any of the bolts, it was then bolted into the concrete and a wooden floor was put over the anchor bolts, for a bit of extra security the floor was given a cut out just big enough for the ground anchor to stick out, if i see him around i'll get the name of it

E36 328
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to know a bloke that dealt ferraris, lived in hallow kept a few of them in a brick locked garage, high security etc.

Thieves actually removed bricks out the wall near the roof to get in, and i dont mean smashed them up with sledge hammers, they actually removed them brick by brick leaving a perfect hole!
RichR
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, someone did the same into my Mum's old office; there was a disused building which backed onto the Solicitors and one morning Mum walked into her office to a new perfectly opened up door way complete with a makeshift 3x2 lintel and the office stripped bare of all computers, printers and electrical equipment. The alarms were all triggered by entry through the downstairs so because they came through a second storey wall, they never went off and whoever broke in cleared the whole top 2 floors

[Edited on 31-08-2010 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Theiving bastards and useless police.. 24 database queries in 0.1752582 seconds