corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » brake bias setup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake bias setup
Kev S

User status: Offline
1st Sep 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have recently done a rear disc conversion on my corsa and was wandering how people have set up the added bias valve? would i need just the 1? or 2 as there are 2 pipes going to the rear brakes? or is it off the master cylinder? if so which pipe controles the rear brakes? thanks for any help :-)
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 03:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are wanting to fit a bias valve then I'd re plump your brake lines to have front/back split rather than diagnal split then fit the bias valve to restrict pressure to the rear.

A good start is to get all 4 wheels off the ground. Set the bias valve to least rear pressure then get a mate to turn your front wheels untill they just stop on hand tight while you push the pedal down, hold it in that position. then get him go to the rear and turn them while you adjust the bias valve until they just start to bind.

You can fine tune it whilst driving to compensate for weight transfer etc.

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Kev S

2nd Sep 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so at the moment its a diagonal split in that block thing along the line (where they split from 2 to 4? so are both pipes going from the master cylinder feeding all four brakes rather than front 2 back split? or is one split for example front right and rear left or something? if this is the case could i not run the pipes from different exits so the main entries are split from front to back if you follow me? :-S confusing myself abit now too or am i just asking a stupid question. thanks for the help
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are confusing. Just do as I've said there and you won't go wrong.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Kev S

2nd Sep 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i thought so... umm well the thing is i have re-plumbed the lines so they are inside the car (for rallying) and under the interior so i dont really want to pull a load of stuff out. so could i get some sort of t-jointer for the brake lines to split one pipe from the mastercylinder to just controle the front and one for the back? is that what you meant ye? sorry for the confusion but the help is much appreciated :-)
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be re doing them then. you don't want left-right split lines for rallying anyway. Even easier if they are inside the car. get them front-rear split and put the bias valve in the single line to the rear

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by Ste W]

Kev S

2nd Sep 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okie dokie. thanks very much

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » brake bias setup 24 database queries in 0.0095799 seconds