corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Lotus Elise

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: Lotus Elise
Tomnova16
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Sep 10 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf bubbles in the paint, basically means it needs to be repainted, surface scratches are on the surface so can be polished out.
respray on an elise would be more than that plus the vat, general guide for a basic respray is £2k +vat, then you go upwards with extra damage, colour changes, show finishes and what not

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
BluKoo

6th Sep 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Even if the respray costs 500 more or whatever its still a better route to take surely?

I've no idea. Why do you assume it'd be the best option?

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i would say so, the detail is only a relatively temporary fix

Going on the condition of the car when it came in, i'd say both are temporary fixes. The owner would have to change the way he cared for the car before it was anything but temporary.

However if this detail was carried out just to add a chunk of cash to the resale value (which is quite possible), then the detail would have been the most sensible and profitable option.

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by BluKoo]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to cover myself, factory paintwork has a slight peel to the finish.
Show paintwork is smooth as fook

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
BluKoo

6th Sep 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fucking hell give the lad a break

To be honest I don't mind them questioning the work as for every problem they throw up, I think I have a decent answer, and i'm not even a detailer.

If they really wanted a good debate they should get themselves along to the Polished Bliss open day for a chat with my brother and Rich (a very clever man indeed). Unless they were super narrow minded, I think they'd change their views just a little or at least accept why they can charge what they do.

Colin

6th Sep 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So 1200 for a polish or 2000 for a full respray. ok.

Its a good correction job, but still nowhere near perfect, I just think the lads turned up at the wrong place & paid for the wrong service tbf, understand PB just give the man what he asks for.
antnee

6th Sep 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not many bodyshops will refine the paint to such a good standard either
FlamingCorsa

6th Sep 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best one i have been yet, lotus and vx220 paint is generally pretty poor and some of the fibreglass work is debatable quality!

wot a turn around, its good advert to show wot can be done with a good quality detail!

i am Very impressed
Colin

6th Sep 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fucking hell give the lad a break

To be honest I don't mind them questioning the work as for every problem they throw up, I think I have a decent answer, and i'm not even a detailer.

If they really wanted a good debate they should get themselves along to the Polished Bliss open day for a chat with my brother and Rich (a very clever man indeed). Unless they were super narrow minded, I think they'd change their views just a little or at least accept why they can charge what they do.

My question was genuine & I hope you noticed I put 'in this instance' as the elise lookes none less than its been through a hedge in the pic's you posted. Its a good detail, top notch as always but I just think this needed something else - started over!

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by Colin]
Ben G

6th Sep 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Even if the respray costs 500 more or whatever its still a better route to take surely?

i agree, as there are still imperfections after the detail.

but even so, what a transformation

your brother must earn a mint charging that much for 2 days work
BluKoo

6th Sep 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Iaz. A comment like that from someone who knows bodywork/paint such as yourself is always a good thing.

quote:
My question was genuine & I hope you noticed I put 'in this instance' as the elise lookes none less than its been through a hedge in the pic's you posted. Its a good detail, top notch as always but I just think this needed something else - started over!

Don't worry, I know you really are just curious and not just a wind up merchant unlike some on here.

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

i agree, as there are still imperfections after the detail.

but even so, what a transformation

I can't deny that either. There are a lot of stonechips and that's where the car would have been better off with a respray, but the detail massively improved the look of the car and at nearly 50% the price of a respray. So if you considder that this debate stated off because of cost and more importantly cost relative to the cars value you have to admit the detail was more cost effective.

Edd

6th Sep 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking cunt bastard bodyshop

what the fuck is that paint all about?

good job though
RS6

6th Sep 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black car enough said shows up everything and that is wonderful turn around great to see
SRI-LEE

6th Sep 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that paint job is awful! great chnage though have some skills
Joe

6th Sep 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome fix up. Great work.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Lotus Elise 24 database queries in 0.0134900 seconds