corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Pope

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Pope
John

User status: Offline
18th Sep 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It being written down somewhere and it happening in reality are two different things.
Edd

18th Sep 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

18th Sep 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
actually hammer you are wrong

it states no where in our constitution that a Roman Catholic cannot be PM

a RC cannot be monarch and that is it

Actually Edd, I am not.
Edd

18th Sep 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you are
Hammer

18th Sep 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I'll back up my point by saying there has never been a Catholic Prime Minister. Where is your evidence that it is possible?
Edd

18th Sep 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7157409.stm

There has never been a Roman Catholic prime minister of Britain, although there is no constitutional barrier to such a move.
Hammer

18th Sep 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So where am I wrong then? I never once mentioned the consititution. I merely stated a fact and until such times as there is one, then a Roman Catholic can't be Prime Minister.
Edd

18th Sep 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
because a Catholic cannot be the most powerful man in the country.

quote:
I merely stated a fact and until such times as there is one, then a Roman Catholic can't be Prime Minister.

i know its hard for you to be wrong because its me but ffs read your last post you sound mental
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammer you are wrong

you can have a catholic pm
CorsAsh

18th Sep 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not impossible, however it dates back through hundreds of years of tradition that the PM can't be Catholic, basically as this would insert a religious division and create a conflict of interests between the PM and reigning monarch.

Given that the modern Royal family has no real powers, it's a largely obsolete tradition in my view.

[Edited on 18-09-2010 by CorsAsh]
oceansoul

18th Sep 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should the pope not have a Vatican City badge on the back of his car...
Pip308

18th Sep 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

19th Sep 10 at 02:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alan-g-w

19th Sep 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Who said anything about conspiracies? And to suggest that there are no/ were no Catholics in the British Isles in a position of power is ludicrous. Tony Blair ring any bells?

Who suggested there are no Catholics in positions of power?

You've also just backed up my point with Tony Blair, the Prime Minister that waited until he left office to get baptised because a Catholic cannot be the most powerful man in the country.

So, no, Tony Blair doesn't ring any bells

You suggested that, hence the reply

quote:

The positions of power in this country, this protestant country, are filled with just that....protestants.

As said, yes a Catholic could in theory be 'the most powerful man in the country'. And just because he wasn't baptised didn't mean that he didn't have the beliefs:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/jun/22/uk.religion1

And I quote:

quote:
...but due to political considerations Tony Blair's conversion to Catholicism has been a long time coming.
He has been attending Catholic mass, often with his family but also occasionally alone, since long before he became prime minister. His wife, Cherie, is a lifelong and practising Catholic, and in accordance with church rules their children have been brought up as Catholics and were sent to church schools

Has been attending Catholic Mass, often alone, since long before he was PM? Children sent to church schools? If I was a practicing protestant and I decide to scrap going to the church and reading the bible, instead going to the Mosque and reading the Qu'ran you could still call me a christian. But it wouldn't be entirely true except from a formal social tag point of view. Starting to ring any bells now?
Hammer

19th Sep 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:

quote:
I merely stated a fact and until such times as there is one, then a Roman Catholic can't be Prime Minister.

i know its hard for you to be wrong because its me but ffs read your last post you sound mental

What are you not understanding here?

My next door neighbours son was the first Catholic head of Oxford Union in history, he has wanted to be Prime Minister since the days I was in primary school with him at Holy Family years ago. From Oxford he has now moved onto practicing law because THERE IS NO WAY A CATHOLIC CAN BE PM.
Hammer

19th Sep 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Who said anything about conspiracies? And to suggest that there are no/ were no Catholics in the British Isles in a position of power is ludicrous. Tony Blair ring any bells?

Who suggested there are no Catholics in positions of power?

You've also just backed up my point with Tony Blair, the Prime Minister that waited until he left office to get baptised because a Catholic cannot be the most powerful man in the country.

So, no, Tony Blair doesn't ring any bells

You suggested that, hence the reply

quote:

The positions of power in this country, this protestant country, are filled with just that....protestants.

As said, yes a Catholic could in theory be 'the most powerful man in the country'. And just because he wasn't baptised didn't mean that he didn't have the beliefs:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/jun/22/uk.religion1

And I quote:

quote:
...but due to political considerations Tony Blair's conversion to Catholicism has been a long time coming.
He has been attending Catholic mass, often with his family but also occasionally alone, since long before he became prime minister. His wife, Cherie, is a lifelong and practising Catholic, and in accordance with church rules their children have been brought up as Catholics and were sent to church schools

Has been attending Catholic Mass, often alone, since long before he was PM? Children sent to church schools? If I was a practicing protestant and I decide to scrap going to the church and reading the bible, instead going to the Mosque and reading the Qu'ran you could still call me a christian. But it wouldn't be entirely true except from a formal social tag point of view. Starting to ring any bells now?

Attending mass does not make you a Catholic no matter how skewed your perception of religion is.
Edd

19th Sep 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:

quote:

What are you not understanding here?

My next door neighbours son was the first Catholic head of Oxford Union in history, he has wanted to be Prime Minister since the days I was in primary school with him at Holy Family years ago. From Oxford he has now moved onto practicing law because THERE IS NO WAY A CATHOLIC CAN BE PM.

i honestly give up with you

cool story bro
Hammer

19th Sep 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't expect your underdeveloped mind to understand it tbh. I blame your poor education, should have went to a Catholic school.
alan-g-w

19th Sep 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did I say that?

I couldn't have made what I meant any clearer if I tried, that's why I even gave you a wee example. You think that the day he was officially converted his personality and views on things all of a sudden changed? Never mind me having a skewed perception of religion, it sounds like you've got a skewed perception of reality.

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by alan-g-w]
Edd

19th Sep 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't expect your underdeveloped mind to understand it tbh. I blame your poor education, should have went to a Catholic school.

you talk shite been pulled up for it

then because you know you fucked up try and pull the down trodden roman catholics cant be prime minister because the big bad protestants wont let them card

simple fact is that a roman catholic can be prime minister COLD HARD FACT

as Alan said its your perception of reality thats skewed probably all the priest abuse taking its toll
Hammer

19th Sep 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His personality and views on things isn't the issue here, the issue is he couldn't be a Catholic as Prime Minister hence why he had to wait until he left office. He even got his arse booted for receiving communion as a non-Catholic.

You're arguing 2 seperate things.
Hammer

19th Sep 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:

you talk shite been pulled up for it

then because you know you fucked up try and pull the down trodden roman catholics cant be prime minister because the big bad protestants wont let them card

simple fact is that a roman catholic can be prime minister COLD HARD FACT

as Alan said its your perception of reality thats skewed probably all the priest abuse taking its toll

I don't talk shite mate, it's against my religion.
alan-g-w

19th Sep 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
His personality and views on things isn't the issue here, the issue is he couldn't be a Catholic as Prime Minister hence why he had to wait until he left office. He even got his arse booted for receiving communion as a non-Catholic.

You're arguing 2 seperate things.

But he could be both PM and Catholic. I know what you're getting at, it's almost a case of they 'can' be a PM on paper but it's very unlikely to happen. But all the same it could literally happen. A fucking Sikh joined the BNP, that's one of the more unlikey things I've ever seen over the PM being Roman Catholic.
Pip308

19th Sep 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have to be good at anagrams to see that Pope Benedict is an Epic Bent Pedo.

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Pope 23 database queries in 0.0182021 seconds