corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » college/university/day release whilst working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author college/university/day release whilst working
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
17th Sep 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone doing it? How did you find you course and who is paying for it?

I would like to do a college course or degree along side my job to further my development, (make me better at my job)

I could probably get one day off a week to go or do it at a night class or 2 or possibily as distance learning

now the question is where can i find the course i want to do?

have had a look on s1 learning but cant find anything

I am an architectural technician and fancy doing a design course or architecture course

I dont want to become an architect really just want to be better at the design aspect of things
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are their any qualifitcations in your line of work that you can go on that you would be interested in?

I work in an accounts department and I'm studying towards my ACCA (will eventually make me a certified accountant if/when i pass it all)

I usually do 2 evenings a week (or 4 if i do 2 modules) for around a month then there is a month or two before the exam.

I just looked up accounting courses, not sure if it's that simple for architecture?

Not sure if any of that helps or makes sense tbh
a_j_mair

17th Sep 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an HND in architectural technology at present, could possibily get a degree in it but would prefer to learn more design.

I know what you mean though. I have looked into becomeing a member of the RIBAT, actually filled in the forms

Just need to send it away.
Fad

17th Sep 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was working in london I was working full time and doing my ACCA this was pretty rough as you have to contend with evening classes and studying over weekends etc.

I'm now doing a a post graduate Diploma in Quantity Surveying which is a three year course based on day release. Much prefer the day release although it just means I have to cram 5 days of work into the 4 days I am in the office/site. I've found this to pass really quickly as I am now just heading into my last year.

Saying that though some of the best architects we use are not fully qualified they just do freelance work with a degree and experience.

I would suggest becoming a memeber of the RIBAT then finding a RIBAT acreddited course. I'm doing a RICS accredited one and when I finish it will be equivilant to a degree classification.

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by Fad]
brebaz

17th Sep 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i go to college and im only in 2 days a week and im classed as full time

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by brebaz]
Aleex

17th Sep 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been in my job for 2 years +

They let me go once a week to college, i now have an ONC in Civil engineering and this year ive started studying towards a HNC. this is at my local college.

is there any uni's near you that do the kinda thing your after?
AndyKent

17th Sep 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm effectively on day release - doing a Building Surveying degree with the College of Estate Management in Reading.

Unfortunately my pay effectively takes my 'day off' into account even though I'm expected to be working. I find it pretty easy going though. If I went to a college/uni for the day I'd do less work than sitting at home

As for courses in design, I've no idea tbh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » college/university/day release whilst working 23 database queries in 0.4327781 seconds