corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Handshakes...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Handshakes...
AndyKent

User status: Offline
30th Sep 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shook an estate agents hand the other week, but was horrible. She made zero effort to even grip my hand even though it was her who put her hand out to shake.

Limp handshakes FTL
scoob
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
It's rather embarrassing when a black guy tries to do that complicated shake-clasp fist-bump thing with you and you get it wrong..

i try not to touch the black ones.
Jake

30th Sep 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant share a handshake with someone without it turning into a reinactment of dutch and dillon
chr15barn3s

30th Sep 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been brought up with a lot of older family members, either in or now out of the army, that you shake hands firmly and with a tight grip. Its a respect thing with them. Anything else is for pussies.
Mistamist

1st Oct 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I greet the sales reps that come into my place of work with a handshake, some of them think they have something to proove by gripping your hand with a vice like grip, so now, if they try and crush my hand when they turn up, i make sure they feel it when they leave as im twice as big as most of them and grip harder than a hackney crack whore with her giro on the way to cash it in.
Scotty C

1st Oct 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
Why do you shake your friends hand? Usually a hello does me if its a mate. Business related then a shake when meeting and leaving.

Waiting for the black guy to enter who does the shake hand hug thing.

[Edited on 30-09-2010 by Pete_vxl]

Only friends I haven't seen for a while, and I know I'm not going to be seeing them for a while after we've met.
Neo

1st Oct 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate shaking hands with women, you dont know how hard or soft to grasp, whether they are going to try and rip your arm out its socket or literally just touch your finger tips. Does my nut

I understand the "crush the other guys hand", especially useful when your having a meeting or greeting someone you dont particularly like, you can hurt them and they can't make any noise as otherwise they'll look like a douchebag.
Scotty C

1st Oct 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm yet to shake a females hand
Winemaker

1st Oct 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why it started,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaking_hands

I don't see the need for it these days.
Neo

1st Oct 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C

Steer clear, and when they give their hand out to you they are neither implying they want you to kiss its nor are they offering a handjob. Be careful, these mistakes in the workplace can cause all manner of problems

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Neo]
Winemaker

1st Oct 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C

Steer clear, and when they give their hand out to you they are neither implying they want you to kiss its nor are they offering a handjob. Be careful, these mistakes in the workplace can cause all manner of problems

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Neo]

FLOL
alan-g-w

1st Oct 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see the problem with shaking a females' hand, it's a different shake altogether. You hold only the fingers, bend your hand and grip softly. If you're lucky you can pull them in for a quick peck on the cheek as well. As for with guys, as said it's in business situations and certain mates. But always when I'm greeting or leaving a family members' presence I'll give them a good firm handshake be it my uncle, grandpa or cousin. Needless to say the aunties, grannies and female cousins get a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
adiohead

1st Oct 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go for the ball cup greeting.
mwg

1st Oct 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't shake hands with mates. Only shake hands when meeting someone through work. Or sometimes if its someone that say my Dad knows so they are a bit older will shake hands with them.
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
It's rather embarrassing when a black guy tries to do that complicated shake-clasp fist-bump thing with you and you get it wrong..

i try not to touch the black ones.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Handshakes... 23 database queries in 0.0570989 seconds