corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SEAT IBIZA 1.8 20V T FR

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SEAT IBIZA 1.8 20V T FR
ste_p23

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone on here know much about them? Im looking at getting one and getting it remaped so it has the same power as the Cupra R version (180bhp) im led to belive.

Seen these two on autotrader.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201039369508928/sort/priceasc/usedcars/quantity-of-doors/3/price-to/6000/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/seller-type/private_adverts/model/ibiza/make/seat/keywords/fr/radius/200/page/1/postcode/bl52sf?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201038368614201/sort/priceasc/usedcars/quantity-of-doors/3/price-to/6000/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/seller-type/private_adverts/model/ibiza/make/seat/keywords/fr/radius/200/page/1/postcode/bl52sf?logcode=p

Anyone know of anything to look out for with them or anything in general would be great!
ShEp

2nd Oct 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont like them as much as the old shape.

Decent cars though, pretty much the same as the golf gti etc

If it's the same engine as the old ones, then they respond well to the stage one maps.,
connollygt30

2nd Oct 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow...didnt know these were selling so cheap,alot of car for the money
ste_p23

2nd Oct 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
Wow...didnt know these were selling so cheap,alot of car for the money

Thats what i thought mate Hope there not selling cheap because there crap tho

[Edited on 02-10-2010 by ste_p23]
andys sxi
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went and had a test drive in one of these when I was looking to get one they are nice cars to drive and are pretty quick. When I was looking for mine they were more expensive I did want the mk4 Ibiza cupra but they were more expensive to buy and insure, so I looked into the fr but I didn't think they looked as nice so that's why I decided to get the mk3 Ibiza cupra

April 08 feature car
antnee

2nd Oct 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wishbone bushes are common to go, cheap to replace yourself though.

Going to have the usual 1.8T problems, coilpacks, maf's, etc, generally they are fine though.

312mm brakes, coilovers and a rear arb will transform it
Chris C

2nd Oct 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Wishbone bushes are common to go, cheap to replace yourself though.

Going to have the usual 1.8T problems, coilpacks, maf's, etc, generally they are fine though.

312mm brakes, coilovers and a rear arb will transform it

can you just replace bushes or do you have to replace wishbone. I had an advisory from mot on one side
antnee

3rd Oct 10 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just replace the bushes. Uprate them to the solid Cupra items, same price, but solid rubber instead of voided. IIRC its less than £20 for the pair, fronts don't usually need doing, but powerflex jobbies are about £45, makes the car feel much more direct.

shibby

3rd Oct 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

test drove one a while back, standard they arent quick atall but will be ok with remap. decent car all round, pretty impressed. for 3.5k you could do a huge amount worse!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SEAT IBIZA 1.8 20V T FR 24 database queries in 0.0147059 seconds