corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MMM Chicken Nuggets.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MMM Chicken Nuggets.
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's breast chicken they use for chicken nuggets, where is this 'bacteria' coming from that means it needs to be washed?

When I have a chicken for a Sunday roast I don't need to bleach the stuff before I eat it.
BarnshaW

4th Oct 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont use breast for nuggets, eat an actual chicken breast then tell me a chicken nuggest has the same density and texture, you can clearly tell 99% of most nuggest are processed, the meat is mixed and neatly packed together giving it that softer non chicken like texture
alan-g-w

4th Oct 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The meat they use is 100% minced breast meat.

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/questions/whats-in-the-food/chicken-mcnuggets/#question2

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by alan-g-w]
BarnshaW

4th Oct 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand this , however a chicken nugget from McDonalds is less then 50% actual chicken in total

they even quote

"chicken meat constitutes 45 per cent of the total Chicken McNugget" which is quite worrying to me as a chicken nugget looks to be like 90% chicken when you bite into it
alan-g-w

4th Oct 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye but then it comes down to whether that's before cooking or after weight. Before weight would be a good bit more since the cooking would dry it out to a certain extent.

In fact look at question 4 in that link. Chicken - 45%, coating 37% so that means that 18% is made up from the marinade and shit.

From the McD's website, part that says 'How are McNuggets made?':

quote:
Chicken McNuggets are made from deboned chicken breast meat, which is then minced. A flavoured marinade is then added and mixed in. The minced chicken meat is shaped into McNuggets and coated with the specially seasoned batter, flash fried and frozen. The McNuggets are supplied to the restaurants frozen, and then cooked from frozen in a blend of non-hydrogenated sunflower and rapeseed oil.

alan-g-w

4th Oct 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just hate all this daft internet conspriacy shit that there's something really suspicious going on. Anyone that thinks that's bad needs to look at how sausages are made. And I'm still a bit doubtful that the picture in the first link is actually chicken nugget material - why are they putting it into boxes?

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by alan-g-w]
dannymccann

4th Oct 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Unfortunatly its a product of mis-management of the human population. Its either we kill more animals, more efficiently to provide food for more people, or people's basic rights of freedom, and therefore to have as many children as they wish is taken away. Which would you prefer?

Obviously in some cases we could argue a very valid case for the removal of some human 'species' from the earth...

I'm pretty sure there isnt an argument between Reproduction Control of the Human Species and a ban on Chicken Nuggets.

While I wasn't suggesting Chicken McNuggets were the staple of everyones diet, this can be extrapolated to other processed foods and they are created

Also, I work for the company that produces all the chicken nuggets for McDonals all over the world, hoping to snare a visit down to the chicken factory in Hereford if I can
nathy_87

4th Oct 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont care what they are made from. Get the largest chicken dipper (19/20 peices)from maccy ds make a good hangover cure.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MMM Chicken Nuggets. 23 database queries in 0.0093129 seconds