corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with Formula Renault racecar/Tatuus RC96 Chassis

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with Formula Renault racecar/Tatuus RC96 Chassis
Rob E

User status: Offline
10th Oct 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening folks, im after a bit of advice reguarding a Tatuus RC96 Formula Renault chassis

Basically my university has secured the sponsorship to allow us to get a 1996 formula renault entered and competing into the 750 Motorclub's Formula 4 championship. This car hasnt competitively raced since 1996 and currently requires a lot of work to bring her back up to scratch and hopefully be competitive in the 2011 season.

I have been put in charge of the suspension side of things, at the moment we only have one set of suspension components and we need some spares. I have two questions reguarding this :-

1. Is it cheeky of me to email the chassis manufacturer asking for technical details of the suspension components to allow us to manufacture spares in house?

2. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells parts for Tatuus chassis within the UK?

A bit of a long shot asking on here but any information would be brilliant
spikedjack

10th Oct 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Email him, whats the worst that could happen, you get called cheeky over email and no?

otherwise i cant help sorry
Rob E

10th Oct 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have already emailed them now. I just mentioned it is a student run team on a tight budget with facilities to manufacture in house. The firm is italian so I hope they can understand my email
antnee

11th Oct 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not cheeky, just explain that its for a university, helping to train engineers to take motorsport foward in the future
ed

11th Oct 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've emailed companies before about things they manufacture and they've sent technical drawings to us to explain part spec, then we've errrr.....
antnee

11th Oct 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
We've emailed companies before about things they manufacture and they've sent technical drawings to us to explain part spec, then we've errrr.....

Gone to the pub?
Rob E

11th Oct 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear ed, Ive enquired to them about it, I have also continued researching and found out Tatuus have not manufactured replacements for quite some years now. Fingers crossed the language barrier hasnt had an effect here as I still have heard no reply! Anyone any good at Italian?

[Edited on 11-10-2010 by Rob E]
ed

11th Oct 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As it's an old chassis, why not design your own suspension parts and try and make it better?
sand-eel

11th Oct 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They use R5 front shocks anyway.
Rob E

11th Oct 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be a possibility and something I would be interested in following up. Ive only had a quick look at the car at the moment and the main priority is to ensure we have a spare set. Once we have the car 100% capable to race we can look at improvements. Alloy steel is the only material we have to work with too, but there is no mention in the regs about minimum thickness etc
sand-eel

11th Oct 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually vastly made that up
Steve
Premium Member

11th Oct 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TATUUS RC97
TATUUS RC97 Formula Renault Complete car running on the button. Low milage Solus motor, rebuilt gearbox Penske Adj rear shocks, JRZ Adj front shock. 14 Extra Wheels and tyres Plus other spares including Hewland LD200 G/Box ( in parts ). Workshop manual, Full set up data, Car cover & Nose cover provided. Very clean tidy Ex Fortec/Robbie Kerr car which has not been raced since end of 2001. Suitable for BARC Renault, Monoposto, etc Trailer ( almost new ) available if required.
Rob E

12th Oct 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks steve; we have a complete car plus all the items listed there though. Its mostly setup work that needs to be done and jobs like installing the dash etc
Steve
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i posted that really as it indicated roughly what kind of gear it was running
Rob E

12th Oct 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers. We have the manual anyway which lists most of the above. We also sourced an incorrectly listed engine on ebay recently and bagged it for £250, complete with dry sump system and racing intake. those two alone are worth like £750

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with Formula Renault racecar/Tatuus RC96 Chassis 23 database queries in 0.0107529 seconds